**** Get the NEW Carrier Battles APP ****
Enhanced graphics, sounds & musics
11 scenarios and both sides included in the base-app
A single living code now to maintain across all platforms
Get the App bundle to migrate, contact the support if needed
This one has a frozen scope
Learn World War II history with a classic hex-and-counter digital wargame covering the naval-air battles of the Pacific War, in the South Pacific and Central Pacific in 1942-1943.
CARRIER BATTLES 4 GUADALCANAL is a classic hex-and-counter wargame covering the naval-air battles during the Pacific War in 1942-1943
Review by Pocket Tactics
" Overall Carrier Battles 4 Guadalcanal is a solid WW2 naval wargame built around a great interface. It’s a realistic simulation that is accessible and fun, retaining depth while not letting the player get bogged down in menus or decisions. Fundamentally Carrier Battles succeeds because it takes the juicy technical attributes of naval games and mates it with a cracking user interface "
Find the Japanese and strike at them before they sink your precious aircraft carriers and prevent them from invading key points in New Guinea and in the Solomon Islands
- Solitaire play again powerful Japanese AI
- 6 historical scenarios : Coral Sea May 42, Midway June 42, Eastern Solomon Aug 42, Santa Cruz Oct 42, Guadalcanal Dec 42, Bismarck sea March 43
- Hex map with a scale of 30 miles per hex
- 40 types of warplanes, historical ships
- Naval-air search, radar, progressive intelligence gathering on enemy naval forces
- Air strikes against naval and land targets, surface battles
- Advanced damage system
- Invasion, naval bombardment
- Turn-based system
- A nice on-boarding sequence will guide the player to the depth of the game
- Available in English, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese and Japanese
- No internet connection required to play against the AI
- 2-players game over internet, turn by turn
- A 7th scenario covering the landing at Bougainville and airstrikes against Rabaul in November 1943
- A 8th scenario covering the evacuation of Guadalcanal by Japanese troops in Jan/Feb 1943
- A 9th scenario covering the US invasion of Guadalcanal in August 1942
- A 10th scenario covering the US carrier raids against Japanese positions in Feb/Mar 1942
- A 11th scenario covering the Japanese invasion of Wake in Dec 1941
- SeaPlanes + a 12th scenario covering US raids against the Gilbert islands in September 1943
- Advanced fog of war + a 13th scenario where the Japanese are attemptong to invade New Hebrides in July 42
- Play Japan agains US AI and what-ifs for the scenarios in order to test the effects of some likely events
The duration of a game is about 1-3 hours
Contact and support : email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Reviews criticizing IAP
Excellent game, well worth the money, and I will buy any in app purchase as they are released. I love games that continue to grow and add fresh experiences through new scenarios! Developer is engaged with user base and any defects are quickly resolved.
I take exception to players that criticize the in-app-purchases. These are scenarios for players who want them. You don’t have to buy them if you don’t want to and it does not affect game play for what you did buy. I think it is ridiculous for players to do a 1 star review and then comment “the game is great but I think I should get all this add-in content for free.” Really? In most cases these additional scenarios were not available when the original app was released. I commend the developer for continuing to add fresh content and I have no problem continuing to support his development by paying a little extra for new IAP’s.
Great adaptation of hex based war game
I’ve always thought that hex based war games would translate very well to computers and iPads as it can automate much of the tedious calculating. There are relatively few, well done games like this on iOS. Carrier Battles 4 Guadalcanal is definitely one of them. It does a great job of capturing the depth and detail of hex based war games while making the rules easier to follow and the calculations easier to make. In addition, it seems to be well programmed.
It does not have a great deal of sound and flash but this allows the processor to work quickly. Not a great deal of waiting time here. If you are looking for a twitch game, this may not be the one for you. If you enjoy the depth and complexity of hex based war games, this is a great version that will not disappoint.
If you like strategy, get this game
This game is one of the best strategy games on iPad. It is highly realistic and the developer listens to feedback. If you tell them an issue, they will fix it or help you figure out what to do. the gameplay is exciting and rewards you for using clever strategies. Furthermore, the missions never get old as many variable play into the battle. Most importantly, the game play never feels slow and something is always happening. GET THIS GAME! I only see one gripe, there are in app purchases in a paid game. But, that shouldn’t matter, because this game is one of the best on iPad. Also, the IAPs were content released after release and the (very small) development team should be able to make an extra buck
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- cyril jarnot
- 96.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2016 - Cyril Jarnot
- In-App Purchases
- Japan & Alternatives $1.99
- The End of Rabaul $0.99
- Revange Raids $0.99
- Operation Watch Tower $0.99
- Wake $0.99
- Operation Ke $0.99
- Pack $3.99
- Multi-Player $2.99
- Seaplanes + Essex scenario $2.99
- Adv. fog of war + FS scenario $2.99