** Visit the App homepage to view our video tutorials and documentation (available in PDF and ePub format) **
CartoMobile® transforms your iOS device into a mobile geospatial data entry device. View, add, or edit data in the field. Add pictures to points to clarify your observations.
In network mode, use it to connect to your WFS and WMS servers to view and maintain data in real time.
In ad hoc mode, CartoMobile can operate without an internet connection to browse local data sets and enter information for download from the device later.
- Works natively with industry-standard SHP files with almost any native projection (reprojecting on the fly)
- Supports MrSID, GeoTIFF, JPEG, JPEG2000, and ECW raster formats for background imagery
- Supports automatically remapping Coordinate Reference Systems (Projections)
- View, modify, and add new points, lines, and polygons with attribute data
- View multiple layers to create and overview, or toggle layers on and off for clarity
- On-device caching of background data for offline use
- Create dedicated maps for each project and switch between them with ease
- Exchange configurations and data via email
- Heat maps to represent high density areas
- Flexible data entry forms, with 12 form types including choice fields and check boxes
- Add photos to your GIS data directly from the camera or your Pictures (retrieving data from the camera requires and iOS supported camera)
- Integration with iOS Maps application for directions
- Task system available in multi-user environments to assign tasks to individual users
Please contact us through support for advanced configuration options for use with WFS Servers, decision-tree data entry, and task-based data entry and update.
Additional configuration options and customization now available for your specific needs, contact us through support or via our web site for more information.
Out with the old, in with the new. As part of an API change with our map provider, we're getting some new imagery and newly updated maps.
- Updates to code for default Base Maps
Ratings and Reviews
Best mobile GIS app for the iPad
We've reviewed essentially every mobile GIS app for the iPad, and Cartographic Mobile is hands down the best of the bunch. The capabilities are extensive, the support fantastic, and advanced feature requests are treated seriously. There are a few things that really stand out for us: 1) This app does not require extensive data preparation to load data onto it -- common image (e.g. GeoTIFFs) and vector (e.g. ESRI Shapefiles) formats can simply be dragged to the app via iTunes. This saved us HOURS (and, in some cases, DAYS) of complicated preprocessing to coerce our image formats to some proprietary format that most of the rest of the mobile GIS apps use. We were able to move data from ArcGIS/ENVI right to Cartographica Mobile. 2) The app can support MASSIVE files -- we loaded 45gb of imagery onto our 64gb iPad 2, including a single 10gb GeoTIFF (with BigTIFF tags) image onto the iPad and Cartographic barely blinked when displaying it across multiple resolutions. 3) Support for complex data dictionaries, including time stamps, taking photos which are related to vector features, and lists. 4) (for those of you doing remote sensing) overzooming and no resampling at the highest resolutions -- you can see the individual pixels in the imagery. 5) Fantastic customer support: feature requests, questions about usage, and the occasional bug report are responded to quickly and professionally. 5 stars!
Awesome Complement to Cartographica
As a real estate executive that is somewhat savvy with technology AND having seen people pursue masters degrees in GIS software from MIT, Cartographica GIS software for the Mac is not only an incredibly user friendly application GIS program, but its the only GIS software I know that started in Mac OS (no hybrid here). Cartographica is a data hounds dream for quickly using and accessing geospatial data without needing to be GIS super savvy (its for those of us that didn't get a Masters degree in GIS but love and enjoy seeing/managing/creating data with a 3rd dimension).
Let's face it, one dimensional data is dead. Geospatial data is power.
NOW, about the mobile version of the software (this app)... its an awesome complement to the desktop in that I can take my data on the road via my iPad (or iPhone) and locate me within my map based data. I've certainly put in both ESRI files (shp) and Cartographica generated files into this mobile app with ease. The app allows for field notes but having Dropbox/Cloud capability for multi-user support would be a plus in future versions.
I'll also say that the Cluetrust Software Development and Support team has offered me great service that is over the top.
I recommend this application AND the desktop software for the Mac as its become a prime application I use now daily.
Killer GIS on the iPad and iPhone!!!!
Absolutely amazing GIS on the iPad. Our company had the need to collect spatial data in remote field locations and CartoMobile totally delivered. We are able to load 30gb of base imagery on our iPads and CartoMobile handles without missing a beat. The ability to create flexible data entry forms on the fly also makes this app truly effective. Thanks a ton and keep up the development. I would recommend this app to anyone doing field work that has a spatial component.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 311.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2010-2020, ClueTrust
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.