Learn anatomy in the context of real-life patients and prepare for the boards. Experience with clinical cases is central to excelling on the USMLE Step 1 and shelf exams, and ultimately to providing patients with competent clinical care. Case Files: Anatomy provides 58 true-to-life cases that illustrate essential concepts in this field. Each case includes an easy-to understand discussion correlated to essential basic science concepts, definitions of key terms, anatomy pearls, and USMLE-style review questions. With Case Files, you'll learn instead of memorize.
-Learn from 58 high-yield cases, each with board-style questions and key-point pearls
-Master complex concepts through clear and concise discussions
-Practice with review questions to reinforce learning
-Polish your approach to clinical problem-solving
-Perfect for medical, dental, and physician assistant students preparing for gross anatomy course exams and the Boards
This free application includes 1 sample case study from the 58 that are available through an in-app purchase of $29.99 of Case Files Anatomy. The 58 high-yield cases will help you excel on the clerkship and improve your shelf-exam score.
Each case has been designed for the iPad and iPhone/iPod with interactive features:
• Study/Exam/Bookmark modes are available for USMLE-style review questions.
• In the Study mode, check the answers as you tackle the questions.
• In the Exam mode, time yourself and review the answers after your time is up.
• In the Bookmark mode, review only the questions you have flagged for further study.
• File away correctly answered questions after each practice quiz.
• Choose the number of questions in each practice quiz: 25, 50, 100, 150, 200, or all.
• Opt to include questions from previous quizzes.
• Learn further from interactive questions at the end of each case, with explanations.
• Sort cases by name or by case number.
• Take down notes using the Notes section for each case.
• Study in horizontal or vertical mode on the iPhone and the iPad.
• Store quiz scores to track your progress.
• iCloud backs up and syncs your data so that you can use this app on any of your devices.
Section I: Applying Basic Sciences to Clinical Situations
• Part 1. Approach to Learning
• Part 2. Approach to Disease
• Part 3: Approach to Reading
Section II: Clinical Cases - 58 Case Scenarios
Section III: Listing of Cases
• Listing by Case Number
• Listing by Disorder
Each case includes the following sections:
• Answers to
• Approach to
• Clinical Pearls
• Case Questions and Answers
About the Authors
Eugene C. Toy, MD is a dual certified family physician and ob/gyn and is Academic Chief and Program Director for the Obstetrics and Gynecology residency at The Methodist Hospital in Houston, Texas, where he is also actively involved in teaching medical students.
Lawrence M. Ross, MD, PhD is Adjunct Professor in the Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy at The University of Texas–Houston Medical School in Houston, Texas.
Leonard J. Cleary, PhD is Senior Lecturer and Gross Anatomy Course Director in the Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy at The University of Texas–Houston Medical School in Houston, Texas.
Cristo Papasakelariou, MD is Clinical Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas. He is also the Clinical Director of Gynecologic Surgery at Christus St. Joseph Hospital in Houston, Texas.
-Updated to latest OS
-Updated splash pages and icons
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Expanded Apps, Inc.
- 11.9 MB
Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Copyright © 2020 Expanded Apps, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Case Files Anatomy - High Yield Clinical Cases $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.