The best podcast app & podcast player to find, save, download, and listen to your favorite podcasts, FM, radio, and audiobooks.
Access over 95 million audio content including podcasts, audiobooks, FM radio, white noise, guided meditation podcasts from 27 different countries。
Download Castbox and turn your iPhone or iPad into a fully functional podcast player. You would be able to control the playback on your apple watch, switch to the next episodes using CarPlay, or meditate to the guided meditation podcasts with your Apple HomePod, Amazon Alexa.
Discover popular podcasts on various topics, including:
- TV Series podcasts: Binge Mode: Game of Thrones, Game of Thrones The Podcast, History of Westeros (Game of Thrones), Game of Thrones LIVE;
- News & Politics podcasts: CNN 10, NPR News Now, Fox News Radio Newscast, The Overcast by The Seattle Times;
- Music-related podcasts: Dissect from Cole Cuchna & Spotify Studios, Defected Radio, Capital FM;
- Games & Hobbies podcasts: Wolverine: The Lost Trail from Stitcher;
- Sports podcasts: The Ringer MLB Show, MLB Network, The Chicago Audible;
- Technology podcasts: The Overcast Podcast, This Week in Google, Google Cloud Platform Podcasts;
- Talk Shows: Sincerely, X from TED and Audible, By The Book from Stitcher, Luminary from Luminary.fm
- Business podcast:s Youpreneur FM Podcast;
- Sleep: Sleep With Me, Guided Sleep Meditations, Sleep and Relax ASMR
- Popular shows: SiriusXM Entertainment, Waze, WazeOut Radio,
Super intuitive and easy-to-use podcast app & podcast player for iPhone with：
- Personalized podcast recommendations according to your podcast list
- A powerful search engine that allows you to find your favorite podcasts effortlessly
- Smooth streaming and downloading of podcasts, radio, FM, and audiobooks
- Smart speakers supported, including Apple HomePod, Amazon Alexa
- Fully support cross-device syncing for iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch/Google Devices
- Daily top podcasts list
- One-click subscription and never miss an episode for every podcast
- Sleep timer to fall asleep soundly
- Adjust playback speed during the podcast to accommodate your listening habits
- Volume Boost
- Trim Silence
- CarPlay Support
- Podcast Community
- Livecast: live audio streaming service
- Import your favorite podcasts with OPML from Google podcast, Overcast, iHeartradio, Pocket Casts, Podbean, Podcast Addict, Spotify, Stitcher, the Podcast app, Tunein, and apple podcast app!
- Join the millions experiencing better bedtime, lower stress, and less anxiety with Zen mode!
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/castbox.fm
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CastBox_FM
Good to see you here, podcast fans!
In this release, we have optimized the inbox message and the UI appearance of the comments page, It would be more convenient for you to view and reply to the comments.
We also improved the overall reliability to present you with a better listening experience.
Thanks for choosing Castbox, happy new year 2020!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Is this the one?
It might be the one. Like many people, from time to time I just get too frustrated with Apple’s Podcasts app and I go searching for something better. I think I’ve tried basically every alternative, and there’s always some reason why I go back to Apple. But Apple just can’t seem to get it right. I don’t understand. I really like Apple products and software design in general.
Anyway, I’ve only just started using this one, but it appears it’s just perfect for me. It’s got the right balance of clean, attractive design, easy usability, and general features. It doesn’t have the fullest set of features out there, but I have found that the ones that do are just more complicated than what I want to deal with for podcast management.
For me, I like a clean interface, intuitive management of downloads and playlists, and, most important, a great searching platform that makes it easy to find both podcasts to subscribe to but also individual episodes that feature people or subjects I’m interested in. This one seems to have it all—and no ads! (My other favorite, “Podcast App,” was just as good but had annoying full screen pop-up ads.)
Developer Response ,
Hi, we really appreciate your kind words. Your support means so much to us, and we always welcome any future feedback or comments you may have. We will continue to update our app, add more features, make CastBox better and better for you, and strive to deliver the best user experience around. Thank you very much for your kind support! :-) - Sarah
I love listening to podcasts and I am constantly trying to find a player that works for me. I like Castbox because if it’s simplicity and for the most part it does what I want and helps me control how I want to listen to podcasts. However there is one thing I wish it would do, I wish it would give me the option to download not the new seat episodes, but the oldest episodes. One thing I really do not like is going through a manually choosing the episodes I want to download. I don’t want to automatically download the most recent. I had a player that I love, it was the RSS Radio player. The option of choosing which episodes to automatically download and it would automatically build my playlist for me in the way I wanted it. I had to get rid of it because since the last update it did no work very well. It was extremely slow or unresponsive, the app kept shutting down, and it would get rid if my podcasts so I had to find them again. If Castbox would give me the option of choosing which ones to automatically download and build my playlist for me, I would consider this perfect. I have chosen to upgrade for now, but I will keep looking for the player that allows me control of how to download and listen. Also, this keeps crashing whenever I’m trying to work on my lists. Thanks for this app overall. You have a great selection and I love that you have old episodes of some of my favorite podcasts.
Developer Response ,
Hello, sorry about such inconvenience. Could you please kindly go to your App Store - search "Castbox" and update it to v8.5.3 and check if the app performs better? If anything else, please feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you very much for your support! :-) - Sarah
So much to like about this app but there are several key issues which need to be addressed especially for a premium app.
The biggest and most important is that the app has trouble picking up new episodes and showing them in the new releases section. Maybe it’s because I have a lot of subscriptions but I went through my shows individually and found seven new episodes that the app had not surfaced. Of all the features a podcast app must get right, this is number one. Until this is fixed, I can’t recommend people trust the app.
Secondly, if you share the link to an episode and the person opens it on a computer, they get a nice web interface to listen in. This is a great way to share and to get people curious about the app. Unfortunately, they’ve taken the opposite tactic on mobile. If some one open the link on their phone it forces then to download the app. This is just bad user experience. I can promise that no one ends up downloading the app from a tactic like this. This just click out of the link and never listen to the episode. And as almost 100% of what we share is opened on a phone not a desktop, this makes the user stop sharing. I have. Make the web app available on mobile browsers. More people will share and hence more people will know about castbox.
Developer Response ,
We are glad to tell you that we have fixed the bug of picking up new episodes. It will work well in the next version v4.25. Please stay tuned to the update. We have made great improvements in this version. Please give it a try, and if anything, please feel free to reach us at email@example.com. As a startup, every review matters very much to us. If you think of any way we can improve, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Hopefully our continued improvement will earn more stars from you! Thanks for your kind support! :-) - Teresa
- Guru Network Limited
- 193.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Guru Network Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Castbox Premium $0.99
- Castbox Premium Promo 180 $0.99
- Castbox Premium Promo 90 $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.