Cataloging just got easy.
CatalogIt is a powerful, collaborative, and intuitive software platform for all types of collectors and collections. CatalogIt empowers collectors and organizations to bring to life the story of things through the histories, creative processes, relationships, and destinies of objects and collections. Powerful enough for museum professionals, complete with numerous authoritative classifications to delight private collectors, and thoughtfully designed to be user-friendly and approachable for volunteers, docents, or family.
• Increase the intrinsic value of your objects
• Capture their meaning, context, and connections
• Preserve and share the stories of things for generations
• Easy & intuitive
• Visual and photo-centric
• Museum-level functionality
• Secure and private
• Multi-user for team/family use
• Any device (mobile & desktop)
• No hidden charges or ads
• Private and Family Collectors
• Museums & Historical Societies
• Corporate Collections/Archives
• Conservation Professionals
PROFESSIONAL CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM
• Precise, authoritative classification prompts
• Complete plain English fields for quick, thorough data entry
• Profiles (e.g. people, places, etc.) track commonalities & link objects
• Easily create and enforce controlled vocabularies
ACCESSIBLE & USER-FRIENDLY
• Visual catalog is easier to manage than alpha-numeric lists
• Available on any device; mobile and desktop
• Cloud back-up and syncing helps prevent catastrophic data loss
• Multiple users & permission levels to control information access
• Users can work independently and teams can collaborate in real-time
• Unlimited photo uploads enable detailed visual documentation
• Original photos stored and never altered or compressed
• The high-quality camera in your phone or tablet makes it easy to add images
PRINTING & REPORTING
• Print custom and pre-formatted reports (insurance, valuation, condition, etc)
• Quickly create labels and QR codes
• Import/Export Excel and CSV files to share and analyze collection data
Protect your institution’s collections, your family’s heirlooms, and your treasured personal possessions. Document, preserve and tell the stories of your things!
CatalogIt users include museum professionals, volunteers and docents, private collectors, other collecting institutions, corporate and organizational collections, exhibiting not-for-profits, and professional conservators. Here are some CatalogIt subscriber comments:
“I love the fact that I always have my complete collection with me at all times through my iPhone- I can log in any time to view or edit, or to show items to my fellow collectors.”
- Private collector
“I LOVE YOUR PRODUCT. My grandfather was an artist. CatalogIt is the perfect system to track pieces scattered throughout the family”
- Private collector
“We have been using CatalogIt for over a year and love it… much easier to use than our previous program, [competitor name withheld], and gives us more flexibility. Check it out. You will love it and be thankful you did.”
- Museum Registrar
“The fact you can use a smartphone to create a record is great”
- Volunteer museum registrar
“CatalogIt has made a world of difference in documenting the conservation process for our clients and providing accessible records to our staff. I highly recommend it!”
- Professional art conservator
• Enhanced photo viewer with zoom in/out controls
• Added Getty AAT shadow Profile with autofill
• New Transcription expansion panel
• Support for querying and printing of larger collections
• Numerous product improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very limited free version
The info page fails to mention that the app allows only 100 items, and they charge $120 per year for more. It also says it supports data and image imports, but does not say you have to work with their staff to make that happen - it’s not DIY. Abandoned without using because of those aspects and the non-disclosure of them.
Excellent, highly beneficial and user-friendly!
I downloaded CatalogIt a few weeks ago and it’s already one of my favorite apps. It’s connected me to the things I love and reminds me why I love them and brought them into my home. CatalogIt is highly intuitive and has helped me catalog not only our valuable possessions and collections but my parents’, too. Collaborative, sharable, multi-user and available on all my mobile devices— Cloud-based and secure. What else could one want?
CatalogIt is comprehensive and simple.
I’ve been using CatalogIt for over a year and am impressed by how user friendly, intuitive, and comprehensive it is. This database is a great tool for cataloging all types of collections. From fine art and cultural objects and historic artifacts - I’ve been able to quickly an easily inventory and catalog so many items with ease. I would recommend CatalogIt for all types of collectors, museums and galleries. It’s a great product!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- It Unlimited, LLC
- 26.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 It Unlimited, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.