Don't rely on bus schedules! Catch The Bus makes use of GPS trackers on each bus to give you an accurate prediction for when the next bus will arrive at your stop. Its simple and intuitive interface will get you the information you need fast. See below for a full list of which transit agencies are support.
- Has complete coverage for all routes in SF's Muni, Boston's MBTA, and many other systems.
- Tells you when your bus will be at your stop, using a combination of GPS trackers on each bus and schedule data.
* Save your favorite or most frequent bus stops to "My Stops" for easy access.
* Search for bus stops on a Google Map view, which will display your current location alongside the stops. Making it very easy to find your stop.
This app has coverage for the following bus systems:
***** Popular agencies *****
- MBTA of Massachusetts
- Muni of San Francisco
- Toronto Transit Commission
***** Full list *****
- Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority
- Charles River TMA - EZRide
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- San Francisco Muni
- Dumbarton Express
- Unitrans ASUCD/City of Davis
- City College NYC
- Downtown Connection
- Roosevelt Island
District of Columbia
- DC Circulator
- Portland Streetcar
- Rutgers Univ. Newark College Town Shuttle
- Rutgers University
- Toronto Transit Commission
- Fairfax (CUE)
- Foothill Transit
- Glendale Beeline
- Gold Coast Transit
- Los Angeles Metro
- Los Angeles Rail
- Palos Verdes Transit
- Chapel Hill Transit
- East Carolina University
- Western Kentucky University
- Pensacola Beach (SRIA)
- RTC RIDE, Reno
- Seattle Streetcar
- Prince Georges County
- University of Maryland
- Societe de transport de Laval
- City of Oxford
Fixed a crash that happened during the morning commute.
Ratings and Reviews
Tracker working again
The app stopped working late last week and I contacted the developer. He told me that he was working on it and it was fixed today. I appreciate it that he reached out to all of us who had contacted him to let us know of the new version(3.3). I agree that frequently the app is not 100% accurate for the MBTA, but it works for me. I’ve used it for years and find it generally helpfully esp the map which is accurately 80% of the time fo my bus routes in Boston. I also used ProximiT and find the performance of both apps to be comparable in its predictions
I’ve used this every day just about since it came out.
Unfortunately the MBTA changed its data sources, but the developer jumped right on it and fixed it.
Love how you can add favorites and give them custom names !
Some people complain about it saying time “x” for 10 mins. The app is using GPS data to determine distance of the bus from you !!
If the bus is stuck in traffic - the app doesn’t know that. It just knows it’s X distance from you. Learn/understand how things work before you go trash the app.
You need to realize that if the time is not changing, switch to GPS view. You’ll see the bus isn’t either - most likely due to traffic or construction. The app DOES give you an icon too that tells you that it’s off it’s normal schedule and running late.
Great app, now that it is fixed!
This is IMO the best app for MBTA bus predictions, based on real-time GPS location data. It shows the location and id number of each bus and when the app is working, it is as accurate as can be expected. It went down for about a week through no fault of the app and I really appreciated its value when it was suddenly unavailable.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.