Create & test visual search experiences for real products you sell. Our toolbox makes it easy for retailers to integrate best-in-class Image Recognition in their branded apps and transform the way consumers discover and shop for products in the real world.
You can make your users easily scan real consumer packaged goods, or images of products, to buy from your catalog, or lead them to extra content, reviews and promotions.
What can you use this demo app for?
Use the app in combination with Catchoom's Image Recognition service (free trial available).
- Try your own experiences with no need to code, to see how easy and engaging it will be for the users of your own branded apps.
- Test and demo on on your real-world products, such as the label on a bottle of wine or a photo in a catalog, that you used as the target of the experience.
Note that to use your own collections and items (objects that become interactive) you'll need to create an account at Catchoom's Craftar Image Recognition service. You can start with a Free Trial (https://my.craftar.net/accounts/signup/).
How to use the app:
- Log into this app using your account credentials. This will allow you to choose the collection you’ve previously created, representing the objects that you want to recognize when scanning.
- Share your settings (including your specific demo collections) with others from the app to show your colleagues how great your ideas are.
- Image recognition of your real world objects (example: open a website after scanning an item such as a product packaging or ad).
- Test your cloud and on-device collections. Download the on-device collection bundles to perform experiences following a search on the local collection - with no internet connection needed for recognition.
- Switch between Single Shot Mode (snapping a picture) and Finder Mode (continuously scanning).
- Share your collection and settings with someone else in a message that includes a mobile deep link.
How does the app work?
1. Point to a test image in Catchoom's demo collection, or select one of your own collections by logging into your Craftar account.
2. Take a picture with the camera - the image will be sent to Catchoom's Cloud Image Recognition Service or the search will be performed locally if your collection is on-device.
3. Whatever experience you have previously crafted will pop-up from the object you scan. API results will be shown in a table.
Fix error with URL message after leading to webpage.
Ratings and Reviews
How the heck do I get one??
Until then, this app is useless. Other than that, it shows good potential. I went to your website and paged thru it. Nowhere could I find where to get a token. I will wait a couple of weeks, if there is no change of response, I will delete the app. I told my friends to get it prematurely based on the concept, too bad it doesn't work yet because there is no way to get a token.
For all I know this is vaporware!
If it isn't. Hurry up and allow ways to get a token and good luck. Good thing this app was free, otherwise I would have lost my money.
The developer, Catchoom Technologies S.L., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Catchoom Technologies S.L.
- 27.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2015 Catchoom Technologies S.L.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.