CatchUp is the place to get a quick download on today’s trending topics – from the latest Netflix hit, to podcast obsessions, bestselling books and major events – in manageable chunks of video, text & audio.
We start our days scrolling through headlines and social media chatter that pile up overnight, trapping us in a constant state of FOMO. Forget the guilt that comes with not being able to keep up with it all – CatchUp gives you back the control and lets you decide what content is worth more of your time and energy.
TRENDING TOPICS SUMMARIZED
The internet is constantly flooded with news, content and entertainment options. CatchUp's daily feed gives you short, concise videos summarizing the latest stories and trends so you can feel empowered, not overwhelmed.
BOOKS, SHOWS, PODCASTS & BEYOND... IN MINUTES
Because staying in the know can sometimes feel daunting, CatchUp offers a library of the most popular books, shows, and podcasts summarized into 10 minute reads or listens, to give you just the basics.
- Top documentary summaries like “Inside Bill's Brain: Decoding Bill Gates” from Netflix or “The Inventor: Out For Blood In Silicon Valley” & new ones being added daily
- Tap into one of our Original Summaries where you can learn what’s happening on current issues like “The Away Story” or helpful life hacks like “How To Get A Job” all in a matter of minutes.
- Save your favorite titles & read them later on your Saved tab
Non-Fiction Titles Include:
- 'How Not To Die' by Michael Greger M.D.
- Medical Medium by Anthony William
- 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari
- The Mamba Mentality by Kobe Bryant... & many more
Fiction Titles Include:
- ‘Macbeth' by William Shakespeare
- ‘1984’ by George Orwell
- ‘The Great Gatsby’ by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- 'Hamlet' by William Shakespeare... & many more
Original Titles Include:
- Emergencies 101
- What goes into a credit score?
- The Away Story
- Kobe Bryant: Life & Death... & many more
SO WHY CATCHUP?
- Highly curated content ensures useful learning and avoids waste of time
- We’re always adding new content!
- We’ll summarize top selling books, current & historical topics, documentaries & many more
- We have an awesome and talented pool of skilled writers
- All summaries are fact-checked for accuracy & quality
- We strive to share the tools of personal growth & information with everyone!
- Apply game changing ideas to improve important aspects of your life
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in business, science, health, tech, history, culture & more
PRICING & TERMS
- CatchUp is free to download
- Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for support
We fixed some bugs and added some performance improvements to make CatchUp better for you!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great idea / poor execution (but fixable)
The idea / concept is great. Provide summaries either written or audio on well known books that people want to read. Works well as a substitute for reading if you are happy with a very light version or as a good precursor so you have awareness of the concepts as you are reading the book itself.
BUT, the app itself is unusable. It tries to prompt me to repurchase a subscription every time I try to read a note (even when I’m signed in) and I have not been able to successfully read a note on the app yet. I am able to use the mobile website to read them but that is not a desirable way to access the content.
I would not have written a negative review regarding this except for what I consider the biggest flaw of the entire service. There is no way to contact support or provide feedback based on user experience. The developer needs to find a way to let people notify them of bugs so they can develop fixes for the issues and improve the UX.
I liked the idea of this app when I came across it on an Instagram ad, but was charged $69 for absolutely no reason. I would consider redownloading, but there was absolutely no reason that I should have been billed, because I hadn’t even used the app yet when I noticed I was billed.
I accept that I may have made a simple mistake, but my interpretation was that this app is scamming people out of money by getting them to download it without the consumer truly knowing what they’re getting. This is obviously deceptive ethics, which is why I am willing to give the app creators the benefit of the doubt, but I really need a refund because I didn’t consent to payment.
Give me a refund!!!!
Online subscription account doesn’t work in the app
I bought lifetime subscription online and created the account. Online, I am able to access the books fine. But when I used the same account inside the app, it says you need to subscribe and pay $149. What’s going on?? I don’t want to pay multiple times. Please fix your backend account administration so that people are not scammed into paying twice. There is not even a support email or phone number listed to address this.
- Science Mobile, LLC
- 117.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Science Mobile, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Plan $19.99
- Yearly $89.99
- Monthly $53.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.