**Featured on MSNBC, the Today Show, The NYTimes, Wired, Politico and the iTunes App Store
Causes makes learning about what your government is up to easy and fun. Learn about issues you care about, influence Congress with one-tap voting, and rally your friends around specific legislation.
MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND
- Daily notifications about upcoming votes
- Short non-partisan summaries of news and legislation
- Unbiased arguments for and against
HOLD YOUR REPS ACCOUNTABLE
- See how your votes align with your lawmakers
- Post an opinion or vote and we’ll inform your lawmakers
- Don’t be surprised if you receive a message back
PREP FOR THE ELECTION
- Use our Voter Center to register to vote and get all the info you need to be informed this November
READ MORE CONTENT ON CAUSES PAGES
- Action Centers are a hub for all the things you care about. Check out Action Centers from Chelsea Handler, Axios, the Daily Signal, and more
- Create your own Action Center to rally your network behind the causes you care about most
CALL YOUR REPS
- Make your voice immediately heard by calling your representatives
- 3D touch the app icon to get a list of your reps
- Find your reps in the menu for easy access to their phone numbers
SEND VIDEO MESSAGES TO PRESIDENT & YOUR REPS
- Use the camera on your iPhone/iPad to record video messages
- Send them to your reps or President Trump and break through the noise
- Tell your story in your own voice and be heard!
- See what other people are saying about the issues you care about
- Like their opinions to show your support
- Post principled arguments and help change people’s minds
- “Slick, easy to use and could definitely help inform your opinions.” - New York Times
- “Telling your senator how to vote is as easy and ‘liking’ a Facebook picture.” -Tech Crunch
What our users say:
- “Fast, easy way to interact with Congress.”
- “Makes it easy to stay informed with D.C. and ultimately let's my voice be heard.”
- “An easy way to keep track of bills in congress and give feedback to my senators and representatives!”
We love feedback! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us at @Causes, facebook.com/causes
Causes was created by a team of dedicated Americans based in San Francisco and Washington DC. We believe that using technology properly can make American democracy work in a fashion similar to what our founders envisioned.
- Bugfix: fixing issues with opening notifications!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good, but one more feature I’d love to see
I love Countable. It makes it even easier than ResistBot to contact my reps, and it’s nice to have one place to go to browse issues and speak up about things that concern me. My only suggestion is that it would be nice to see the total number of bills I’ve contacted my reps about.
It’s great to see more Americans getting involved in the legislative process, which is the way it should be, and I think adding overall stats would be a good way to motivate newer voters and those who aren’t used to reaching out to their congressional representatives to continue exercising their rights.
I know I can see the number of issues i follow in settings and my activity feed, but data like the number of bills I’ve voted on and how many times I’ve followed that with a message to my reps — perhaps broken down by category — would be hugely satisfying.
I like the Countable app. I like that info is in given in laymen's terms, so individuals don't have to slog through legal-ese to try and figure it out. I like that info seems to be straightforward though sometimes there seems to be a bias. Sometimes something may have a liberal slant, but I have learned how to address and work through it. I know what I believe and stand firm and won't be swayed by a liberal agenda. Countable needs to make unbiased info and straightforward facts a goal. I have received a great number of responses from my senators. While the response is appreciated, some seem 'canned.' A few responses seem personal. I understand they get a lot of correspondence, but when the response is canned; it seems to lose effectiveness and meaning for me. How my senators interact with me and how serious they consider what I say does matter when it comes to the next election. I am glad Countable has made it possible that attacks are not possible among those of us who post reviews. Of course, it might be interesting to have a dislike option on responses as well. I'm inclined to think many polls are biased and ineffective, so some calculations of the 'like' and if a 'dislike' option is added might yield interesting results and perspective as well.
But the people on it?????
It is a very good app that keeps a person very interested and knowledgeable about what is going on in Washington, Congress and the Executive Branch as well as the Court Systems . My biggest concern is those of the Liberal, Communist and many other people who think one thing or the other. My biggest concern is that you can't write or say anything like disagreeing with a person writing statements and opinions. Again what bothers me about the people is that you can't say anything to have a different opinion with them other that to agree with them and join them in their statements or ideas. No negative statements can be said but to one person because you can't disagree, only agree and or join them in their idea. Just a simple stroke of the pen to disagree ( even if you could not say so, a mark or an X would be nice instead of showing agreement) on their opinion. There are WAY TOO MANY DISAGREEABLE PEOPLE ON THE SITE.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Countable Corp
- 61.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad (6th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th generation), iPad Air (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (8th generation), iPad (8th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Countable Corp
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.