Use this CD Player as alternative Music Player. There is a complete iPod-control integrated and you have control on your whole music collection. Thereby when you select single track, interprets, albums or playlists a temporary playlist will be created , which remains until the last track is played. This list also remains when you press Pause, terminate the program and restart it later.
- Select from your iPod Music Libary
- Play, Pause, Track forward, Track backward
- Fast forward, fast backward
- Shuffle mode
- Jump to any position in a track
- Volume control
- Approximation sensor: Display shuts off when you turn the device or put it in a pocket.
- Track, Interpret, Album
- Time: actual position, maximum length
- Progressbar for time display
- Cover-picture, is shown circular and turns (animated with reflections)
- If no picture available: Standard CD picture (animated)
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- adapted for iPhone 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, iPad, iPad Pro, iOS 8, 9, 10 or newer.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the Idea!
For those of us who grew up during the compact disc’s hay day, this is a fantastic app. It does more than look like a CD player. It acts like a CD player. You can especially tell this because, like a CD player from the 80’s or 90’s, it actually has dedicated buttons for rewind and fast forward, separate from those used to change the tracks. Nothing screams “CD player” like that. The only problem I have with this app is that it isn’t entirely realistic as a CD player simulator because it lacks sound effects. Even the best, most expensive CD players make noises when a CD is loaded and played. For instance, a tray loading CD player usually makes some kind of motor noise as it opens and closes while a top loading CD player will click when you open or close the lid. Also, just before the CD starts playing, there’s this quiet but characteristic sound that the laser pickup makes as it moves into position. It also makes this sound while changing tracks. It would be wonderful to have this app make some characteristic sounds that everyone who has ever owned a CD player would be familiar with. Also, as another added feature, it would be cool if you could make the CD skip by shaking your iPhone, just like a real CD player would do. If these features were added, I would totally give this app 5 stars.
Disc spinning sensation for iPod!
Ok yes this is basically a skin for the regular iPod player but I'll tell you why I think it's so cool.
• Satisfy your old-school love for CDs, taking away the cold virtual factor of mp3 playing on your iPod.. watch the disc with the artwork you already had associated with the track you are playing, stamped in a CD shape spin slowly.
• Toggle between this player and the iPod original seamlessly even during playback.
• Feel like your music is in MOTION once more.
• Get the awe of others as your screen looks different than the rest of the crowd!
• "Load" a temporary playlist before engaging the player.
Would be nice to see in the future:
Since a small battery gauge is added (pointless) - I'd rather have more music-related features like either more time display or LED graphic to show peak levels. Some background options would be nice too.
All in all it's a simple app that does what it is supposed to do.
Great Player-Excellent App
I love the way you are able to use it & it's functionality. Really great to see the"CD" spinning, even better if there is album artwork. Enjoyable, wish you could combine an equalizer in the app. Thank you
The developer, Kai Bruchmann, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kai Bruchmann
- 2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Pocketkai.de
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.