Milestones matter! Track your child’s milestones from age 2 months to 5 years with CDC’s easy-to-use illustrated checklists; get tips from CDC for encouraging your child’s development; and find out what to do if you are ever concerned about how your child is developing.
From birth to age 5, your child should reach milestones in how he or she plays, learns, speaks, acts and moves. Photos and videos in this app illustrate each milestone and make tracking them for your child easy and fun!
· Add a Child -- enter personalized information about your child or multiple children
· Milestone Tracker -- track your child’s developmental progress by looking for important milestones using an interactive, illustrated checklist
· Milestone Photos and Videos -- know what each milestone looks like so that you can better identify them in your own child
· Tips and Activities -- support your child’s development at every age
· When to Act Early – know when it’s time to “act early” and talk with your child’s doctor about developmental concerns
· Appointments -- keep track of your child’s doctors’ appointments and get reminders about recommended developmental screenings
· Milestone Results – get a summary of your child’s milestones to view, and share with or email to your child’s doctor and other important care providers
For more information and free tools to help you track your child’s milestones, visit www.cdc.gov/ActEarly.
This app was developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s “Learn the Signs. Act Early.” program with contribution from Dr. Rosa Arriaga and students from the Computing for Good program at the Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA.
The use of this app is not a substitute for the use of validated, standardized developmental screening tools as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
CDC does not collect or share any personal information that can be used to identify you or your child.
Updated website links
Ratings and Reviews
As a pediatrician, I highly recommend this app.
This is a wonderfully useful app (particularly since it is free). The milestone checklist with photo / video descriptions and the appointment reminders are awesome. It even allows you to make notes and email / print out the milestones met and your personal notes for the doctor visit. The development and public distribution of this app is a good use of our tax dollars.
Great app—would love to see it extended for older ages.
Would be amazing if I could continue to use this past age 5!
I love this app. Wonderful videos for families to understand each question. I encourage my clients to download and use. However, several families have noted when they enter their child’s date of birth, it incorrectly gives them the month. A child born in September who is currently 8mo is showing 6 months in the app. She and I both entered info several times to no avail. This has happened with several families.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your valuable feedback and for encouraging your clients to use it! We have recently released an updated version of the app that clarifies why the checklist age and your child’s actual age might not always match.
Milestone Tracker has checklists for the following ages (2-, 4-, 6-, 9-, 12-, 18- months and 2, 3, 4, 5 years). If your child is between the ages of available checklists, you will receive the checklist for the younger age. We hope you’ll update to the latest version and give it another try. If you have additional questions or feedback, feel free to contact us at ActEarly@cdc.gov. Thanks again!
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 80 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.