• Now you can focus and zoom when taking a photo, and use the volume button as the trigger. No more awkward hand positions to frame that product label.
• Share PDFs from the app to email, messages or other share destinations. You can also share documents and photos from other places into the app. Got a PDF in dropbox? Just share it to Centriq to add it wherever you like.
• Know immediately when you add a product that matches our database. And matching it most likely will, because Centriq has the world’s largest curated database of products (and if it’s not matched instantly, it’ll get added within hours, as always).
• Text size in the app is no longer affected by accessibility settings.
• Moving groups now works more seamlessly.
• Better support for landscape photos.
• Now you can delete a group from within the Edit screen of that group.
Ratings and Reviews
More than Handy-A necessity!
It’s so easy to stay organized! If you own a home or manage properties, the Centriq app is ‘peace of mind in your pocket’. The app stores all the information about your home appliances including model numbers, serial numbers and even finds owner’s manuals. One can create notes and store information about installation date, cost, warranty and a host of other information. It’s ideal as a record for insurance purposes, warranty claims, and repair history. You just take a picture of the faceplate and the products and upload it. Centriq does the rest. I even loaded information about my new car to the app. Also, a tip of the hat to Centriq customer service for being responsive and able to answer any questions.
Almost awesome… But no keyword search yet.
This app is a great way to consolidate all of your home information in one spot in an organized manner. Unfortunately, one major feature (for me) is the difference between two and five stars. While the app gathers a plethora of documents related to your household items such as manuals, installation instructions, etc., there is no current way to do a keyword search in any of these documents. You will still find yourself hunting through tables of contents and indexes for information like it’s the 1990s. I did submit an inquiry to customer service in the hopes that I somehow missed a setting that enables this capability. They were very responsive and confirmed that this feature is planned for the future (time unspecified) and provided a workaround via online access and using the find capabilities of the browser. While that is promising, I am surprised that this wasn’t a launch–day capability.
This is the ticket
I saw this on ‘ask this old house’ a couple years ago as a solution to the dreaded binder full of manuals, warranties, and receipts. This keeps everything organized and accessible. I also like that I can track all the serial numbers in the event that I get rolled or have a disaster. They also monitor and alert me to product recalls that may affect the items in the house. This is really good for the folks that don’t stay up to date on the garbage disposal they installed a few years ago.
Info is also frequently updated with how to guides and videos as well as affiliate links to buy accessories and replacement parts.
Plus it’s free.
I never do reviews of apps but this really is the ticket.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.