Cents for YNAB is a companion app to the You Need A Budget platform. Cents enables you to quickly analyze your budgets and spending habits in order to help you save more money. Cents will tell you how much money you have left per day of the month, which payees you've spent the most money on in each category, and which transactions have caused you the most trouble. It will indicate by color the health of each of your categories and warn you when you're getting close to going over budget.
Cents also provides several analytical charts to help you visualize where your money is going. And it also comes with a Today extension, so you can quickly view your budgets without even opening the app.
- Added an ability to compare any month's spending over time with a previous month's spending. Simply visit the category details page
- Fixed bug where categories with both inflow and outflow transactions would display the incorrect amount
- Fixed UI bugs when transitioning between dark mode and light mode
Thanks for all the support!
Ratings and Reviews
Whoa, actual details on how we spend $ per category! Very nice. We’ve need this for a long long time.
Few of suggestions: 1) Allow to pick previous months 2) the dollar amount per day is a bit confusing on what the math is behind that, and 3) the amount spent last month appears be inaccurate, at least for me
Otherwise, seeing when and where money is being spent throughout the month is super helpful! Seeing previous months in those individual categories would be so awesome. Keep up the great work!
If I could just change ONE thing...
I really wish that instead of pacing by day, I could change the settings of some categories to pace by week, or even biweekly. I don’t regularly make purchases each day, so it seems awkward to have everything paced that way. For some categories, like groceries, it’d be much nicer to know how much I should spend each week instead of each day. But if I bought lunch everyday, it’d still be great to see how much I can spend on lunch each day. So I’d just love an option to customize that a bit, and I’d change this review to a 5 star rating if we could get that feature. But besides that, I think it’s a great app that helps a lot in visualizing how much I can spend throughout the month, so I’m giving it 4 stars.
Love this accompanying app for YNAB. My wife and I like to track our food spending and it’s hard to know how we are tracking during the month. This app helps us visualize our spending to see if we are on pace to stay within our budget.
A couple feature requests:
1) Adding a small vertical indicator on the horizontal bar to indicate if we are ahead or behind for the current day (mint has this indication on budget categories which I find very useful)
2) An Apple Watch complication would be great :)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Michael Mueller
- 15 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Michael Mueller
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.