The Explosive Audio Puzzle Game
ChangeReaction is a fast-paced puzzle game played with your ears, primarily intended for blind and low-vision gamers. Navigate the game board with the keyboard or supported game controller and build stacks of coins to rack up higher and higher scores! Match three coins of the same denomination vertically or horizontally to trigger a chain reaction that blows up all adjacent coins of the same value!
ChangeReaction has no visual element; it's entirely played through an audio interface. Use your fingers, ears, and wits to rack up the highest scores possible!
• Choose from three distinctly different variations of game play.
• All game variations support three difficulty levels.
• Play with the keyboard or supported game controller.
• In ChangeReaction Classic, clear the board of all coins before time runs out!
• In Loose Change, bombs continually explode, scattering the board's contents for added challenge!
• In PayDay, try to keep the board from being cleared against all odds while racking up overtime by clearing board positions representing the hours of the work week.
• Bonus rounds provide a chance to rack up even higher scores!
• Exciting sounds and music.
• Audio hints to help newcomers navigate the game and menus with their ears.
• In app instructions and keyboard/game controller reference.
• Game controller support.
• Support for Apple Silicon.
• Updated in-game tutorials.
• Other bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
A Fun and Accessible Game
This game is both addictive and completely accessible to the blind. I find it entertaining and fast-paced, and the different game modes provide unique challenges. The documentation is quite well-done, and the sound effects first rate. Playing is quite easy, with intuitive keyboard controls, though mastering the game of course takes quite a bit of skill. Over all, I have nothing but praise for the developers, and hope very much for more products in future.
What a game!
Let's not keep in mind for now this is one of the vary first audio games made natively for the Mac system, and let's also not focus on this being the first audio action game for the system as well.
It's a really nice game, from the polished soundscape, to the sometimes humorous dialogue present in the game. It's also really responsive, even on my older hardware. I found myself playing this game for 6 hours nonstop, something that hasn't happened in years.
If you're into audio games at all, I strongly recommend you give this one a run. Thumbs up, and keep up the great work!
Very good job on the game!
I never give a 5 rating for any product as I don't believe in them as there is always something to work on. This game i the exception and I can with time see it getting better. Come on folks download this game and even if you are sited you will enjoy it. It will teach anyone some very good hand ear coordination.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Draconis Entertainment, LLC
- 6.4 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2003-2015 Draconis Entertainment
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.