Apple TV Screenshots
Watch live TV, right next to your apps. Channels lets you play, pause, and rewind local or cable TV directly on your Apple TV.
Learn more about Channels at http://getchannels.com.
Channels requires an HDHomeRun networked TV tuner to watch live TV on your Apple TV. Learn more about how this works below.
• Pause, rewind, and fast forward live TV
• Guide Data
• Full grid guide
• Full HD streaming (bandwidth permitting)
• 5.1 Surround Sound
• Closed captioning
• Full support for VoiceOver
• Channel favoriting
• Jump back to last channel
• Auto Discovery
• Browse what's on other channels while watching TV
• Manage your HDHomeRun devices from Channels
"Apple TV just became the best box for streaming live broadcast TV" — Macworld
"Apple TV already has at least one 'killer app'. The new third-party Apple TV app, Channels." — MacDailyNews
"I can tell you it’s buttery smooth" — Zatz Not Funny!
-- Why Use Channels? --
Channels is the missing piece of your puzzle. If you already watch everything through streaming apps, Channels lets you finally watch sports, award shows, local news, and other live events.
• Watch live primetime tv, local news, and sports on your Apple TV.
• Netflix, Hulu, Movies, Games, AirPlay, and now live TV without switching inputs – the holy grail!
• Using antenna for live TV? Channels lets you use one antenna for all the TVs in the house.
• Want sports on your porch? News in the kitchen? Channels adds live TV to any TV in your house.
• Save money by ditching cable boxes and watch your cable subscription with Channels on your Apple TV instead.
-- How Does It Work? --
An HDHomeRun is a simple TV tuner that can broadcast television over your home network to any room in your house. Channels uses it to let you watch live TV on your Apple TV.
1. Plug an HD antenna or your cable into your HDHomeRun.
2. Plug your HDHomeRun into your router.
3. Watch live TV via the Channels Apple TV app.
-- How Do You Use It? --
Here's some protips on how to get the most out of Channels.
• Pick your favorite channels by clicking on them in the Settings tab.
• Switch to the Favorites tab and browse what’s on.
• Click on a channel to start playing it.
• Live TV buffer works for ~90 mins or less depending on how much storage is available on your device.
• Skip ahead 30s by clicking the right side of the Touch surface. Skip back 7s by doing the inverse.
• Double-click the Play/Pause button to switch back to the previous channel.
• Tap to reveal the timeline, then scrub through the buffer with the Touch surface.
• Swipe down to bring the Quick Guide to see what else is on your favorite channels.
• Change tabs while in the Quick Guide to toggle closed captioning or adjust audio languages.
-- Device Support --
All HDHomeRun devices are supported by Channels.
• HDHomeRun PRIME
• HDHomeRun EXTEND
• HDHomeRun EXPAND
• HDHomeRun CONNECT
• HDHomeRun CONNECT DUO
• HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO
• HDHomeRun DUAL
• HDHomeRun ORIGINAL (blue and white tuners)
Learn more about HDHomeRun tuners on silicondust.com. Simply plug a compatible tuner into your home network router and start watching Live TV with Channels today!
• DRM protected streams are *not* currently supported.
• Channels does *not* work outside of your home. It only works when connected to the same network as your HDHomeRun Device
For questions, concerns, bug reports, and feature requests, contact us on twitter @getchannels or via email email@example.com. You can talk about everything Channels on our community site at: https://community.getchannels.com.
- FIXED: Subtitles on some imported movies were not appearing
- FIXED: Closed captions could fail to turn on for some channels
- FIXED: Incorrect audio track could be selected on some channels
- FIXED: Channels API for navigation was not working
Welcome to version 4.0 of Channels!
This is a huge release for Channels Plus fans. This update focuses on making Channels better with larger libraries, along with a bunch of new quality of life improvements.
1. Expanded browsing library experience for larger libraries
2. Kids section lets you put kid movies and shows in their own section
3. View recordings as a list in the order they were recorded
4. Auto Play next episodes
5. Shuffle playback to play random episodes in a row for your show
6. Playback now prompts if you want to resume or not
7. Manage the Trash right from Channels
8. Mark your shows and movies as favorites
9. Kiosk mode lets you hide Settings section
10. Commercial editor lets you adjust the commercial indexes of all your recordings
11. Swipe controls and Context Menus have been added all over
12. Tons of other new options to make Channels a little more customizable
Learn more about all these new features at https://getchannels.com/news/
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Doesn’t yet support AirPlay 2
I recently purchased Channels for my AppleTV 4K, which I use with my HomePod for audio. Unfortunately I discovered after purchasing the Channels app for appletv that the app doesn’t yet support the new Airplay 2 protocol, which results in an audio delay mismatched with the picture. All other apps on appletv that support AirPlay 2 work fine with audio on HomePod. Otherwise the app works great. Can you please let me know when or if you plan on adding airplay 2 support for your TV app? Will change to 5 stars once this happens...Thanks!
It used to work great! What happened?
The app constantly now works for a day then doesn’t work for a week! It keeps doing this. PLEASE FIX IT! I paid a small fortune for all these apps from this developer to work on both my Apple TV and iOS devices because I got them when they first came out! Where’s my refund?
Great but doesn’t play well with HomePod
It’s a great app. The interface is very user friendly and useful. Much better than the Plex TV DVR app. However, it doesn’t play well with HomePod. Sound syncing is hit or miss. Sometimes it’s spot on and sometimes it’s way off and I have to restart the app to get it in sync again. I don’t have this syncing problem with any other app, just this one. Super annoying. Also, there’s no way to change the sound output from inside the app. All other apps let me change the output on the fly with the drop down menu in the app. With Channels I have to completely exit the app if I want to change from HomePod to my surround system. It’s a shame because otherwise I really, really like this app.
- Fancy Bits, LLC
- 110.9 MB
Requires tvOS 13.0 or later. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 Fancy Bits, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.