Apple TV Screenshots
Live TV, right next to your apps. Channels lets you play, pause, and rewind local or cable TV directly on your Apple TV using your HDHomeRun device. Now you really can have one device to rule them all!
Learn more about Channels at http://getchannels.com.
Channels requires an HDHomeRun networked TV tuner to watch live TV on your Apple TV. Learn more about how this works below.
• Pause, rewind, and fast forward live TV
• Guide Data
• Full grid guide
• Full HD streaming (bandwidth permitting)
• 5.1 Surround Sound
• Closed captioning
• Full support for VoiceOver
• Channel favoriting
• Jump back to last channel
• Auto Discovery
• Browse what's on other channels while watching TV
• Manage your HDHomeRun devices from Channels
"Apple TV just became the best box for streaming live broadcast TV" — Macworld
"Apple TV already has at least one 'killer app'. The new third-party Apple TV app, Channels." — MacDailyNews
"I can tell you it’s buttery smooth" — Zatz Not Funny!
-- Why Use Channels? --
Channels is the missing piece of your puzzle. If you already watch everything through streaming apps, Channels lets you finally watch sports, award shows, local news, and other live events.
• Watch live primetime tv, local news, and sports on your Apple TV.
• Netflix, Hulu, Movies, Games, AirPlay, and now live TV without switching inputs – the holy grail!
• Using antenna for live TV? Channels lets you use one antenna for all the TVs in the house.
• Want sports on your porch? News in the kitchen? Channels adds live TV to any TV in your house.
• Save money by ditching cable boxes and watch your cable subscription with Channels on your Apple TV instead.
-- How Does It Work? --
An HDHomeRun is a simple TV tuner that can broadcast television over your home network to any room in your house. Channels uses it to let you watch live TV on your Apple TV.
1. Plug an HD antenna or your cable into your HDHomeRun.
2. Plug your HDHomeRun into your router.
3. Watch live TV via the Channels Apple TV app.
-- How Do You Use It? --
Here's some protips on how to get the most out of Channels.
• Pick your favorite channels by clicking on them in the Settings tab.
• Switch to the Favorites tab and browse what’s on.
• Click on a channel to start playing it.
• Live TV buffer works for ~90 mins or less depending on how much storage is available on your device.
• Skip ahead 30s by clicking the right side of the Touch surface. Skip back 7s by doing the inverse.
• Double-click the Play/Pause button to switch back to the previous channel.
• Tap to reveal the timeline, then scrub through the buffer with the Touch surface.
• Swipe down to bring the Quick Guide to see what else is on your favorite channels.
• Change tabs while in the Quick Guide to toggle closed captioning or adjust audio languages.
-- Device Support --
All HDHomeRun devices are supported by Channels.
• HDHomeRun PRIME
• HDHomeRun EXTEND
• HDHomeRun EXPAND
• HDHomeRun CONNECT
• HDHomeRun CONNECT DUO
• HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO
• HDHomeRun DUAL
• HDHomeRun ORIGINAL (blue and white tuners)
Learn more about HDHomeRun tuners on silicondust.com. Simply plug a compatible tuner into your home network router and start watching Live TV with Channels today!
Note that DRM protected streams are *not* currently supported.
For questions, concerns, bug reports, and feature requests, contact us on twitter @getchannels or via email email@example.com
This release introduces automatic commercial skipping. Automatic commercial skipping is off by default and you can enable it via the Settings tab.
When enabled, Channels will automatically skip through the indexed commercial break for you without you having to lift a finger. That's not all that's been added. When disabled, Channels now shows a "Skip Commercial" button to let you easily skip through the commercial break with a single click.
- NEW: Automatic commercial skipping
- NEW: Commercial skip button
- FIXED: Channel scan wasn't working for some beta HDHomeRun firmwares
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t yet support AirPlay 2
I recently purchased Channels for my AppleTV 4K, which I use with my HomePod for audio. Unfortunately I discovered after purchasing the Channels app for appletv that the app doesn’t yet support the new Airplay 2 protocol, which results in an audio delay mismatched with the picture. All other apps on appletv that support AirPlay 2 work fine with audio on HomePod. Otherwise the app works great. Can you please let me know when or if you plan on adding airplay 2 support for your TV app? Will change to 5 stars once this happens...Thanks!
Great but doesn’t play well with HomePod
It’s a great app. The interface is very user friendly and useful. Much better than the Plex TV DVR app. However, it doesn’t play well with HomePod. Sound syncing is hit or miss. Sometimes it’s spot on and sometimes it’s way off and I have to restart the app to get it in sync again. I don’t have this syncing problem with any other app, just this one. Super annoying. Also, there’s no way to change the sound output from inside the app. All other apps let me change the output on the fly with the drop down menu in the app. With Channels I have to completely exit the app if I want to change from HomePod to my surround system. It’s a shame because otherwise I really, really like this app.
- Fancy Bits, LLC
- 122.1 MB
Requires tvOS 11.0 or later. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Fancy Bits, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.