Watch live TV, anywhere in your home. Channels lets you watch, pause, and rewind local or cable TV directly on your iPhone or iPad .
Learn more about Channels at http://getchannels.com.
Channels requires an HDHomeRun networked TV tuner to watch live TV on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Learn more about how this works below.
• Pause, rewind, and fast forward live TV
• Guide Data
• Full grid guide
• Full HD streaming (bandwidth permitting)
• 5.1 Surround Sound
• Closed captioning
• Full support for VoiceOver
• Channel favoriting
• Jump back to last channel
• Auto Discovery
• Browse what's on other channels while watching TV
• Manage your HDHomeRun devices from Channels
"If you’re a cord cutter, then Channels coupled with an HDHomeRun and antenna is one of the best purchases you can make." — 9to5mac
"If live television has been a missing or irritating-to-use piece for your viewing pleasure, Channels plus a networked tuner pulls it neatly into your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad." — Macworld
Channels requires modern iOS devices and 802.11AC wireless for HD streaming. But as usual, your milage may vary.
Supported devices: All iOS devices with an A7 chip and up.
Note: Channels does not support Picture in Picture mode on the iPad or AirPlay on any device due to the video format provided by the HDHomeRun tuners. This is an iOS limitation.
-- Why Use Channels? --
Channels is the missing piece of your puzzle. If you already watch everything through streaming apps, Channels lets you finally watch sports, award shows, local news, and other live events on your same device.
• Watch live primetime TV, local news, and sports on your Apple TV.
• Netflix, Hulu, Movies, Games, AirPlay, and now live TV on the same device.
• Already using antenna for live TV? Channels lets you use one antenna to watch TV on all the devices in your home.
• Want sports on your porch? News in the kitchen? Channels lets you watch these anywhere in the home. Let your TV watching follow you around the house.
-- How Does It Work? --
An HDHomeRun is a simple TV tuner that can broadcast television over your home network. Channels streams that video directly to your device.
1. Plug an HD antenna or your cable into your HDHomeRun.
2. Plug your HDHomeRun into your router.
3. Watch live TV via the Channels app.
-- How Do You Use It? --
Here's some protips on how to get the most out of Channels.
• Pick your favorite channels by selecting your HDHomeRun device in the Settings tab and tapping on a channel.
• See quickly what’s currently on your favorite channels with the On Now tab.
• Tap on a channel to view more info about it (or just 3D Touch it).
• Live TV buffer works for ~90 mins or less depending on how much storage is available on your device.
• Skip ahead 30s by swiping right. Skip back 7s by swiping left.
• Double-tap with 2 fingers to switch to the previous channel.
• Swipe up/down on the Quick Guide to see what else is on your favorite channels. Tap it to change to that channel.
-- HDHomeRun Device Support --
All HDHomeRun devices are supported by Channels.
• HDHomeRun PRIME
• HDHomeRun EXTEND
• HDHomeRun EXPAND
• HDHomeRun CONNECT
• HDHomeRun CONNECT DUO
• HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO
• HDHomeRun DUAL
• HDHomeRun ORIGINAL (blue and white tuners)
Learn more about HDHomeRun tuners on silicondust.com. Simply plug a compatible tuner into your home network router and start watching Live TV with Channels today!
• DRM protected streams are *not* currently supported.
• Channels does *not* work outside of your home. It only works when connected to the same network as your HDHomeRun Device
For questions, concerns, bug reports, and feature requests, contact us on twitter @getchannels or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can talk about everything Channels on our community site at: https://community.getchannels.com.
• NEW: Setting to control how duplicate channels are stacked in the guide
• IMPROVED: Added Recently Updated to the TV Shows section
• IMPROVED: Audio driver support for AirPlay2
• IMPROVED: Failed recordings appear in the Schedule for a few days
• FIXED: Sorting was incorrect in All Shows
• FIXED: Scheduling duplicate recordings manually from the guide works more reliably
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
closed caption can be confusing
I bought the iOS and Apple TV versions and it works great but I am disappointed in the closed captioning. Initially I thought it was supported when muted only. My wife being deaf needs CC and I being hearing enjoy the audio. I finally figured out swipe down and then right to switch sap or CC. It would be nice to make this a more prominent feature or add an always on setting. Or simply follow the defaults on the device itself.
Haven’t been able to use this for month now
(Update: my firmware was more than 10 years old, and their support was able to instruct me on how to upgrade it. I was able to scan for, and find channels. Some came in as “SD” even though they’re all HD, but I made them all favorites and just use the favorites section now.)
I’ve been trying to use Channels for months now, with no success. I have a HD HomeRun Dual connected to my WiFi router and can watch shows using a program on my Mac laptop throughout the house. Channels could never find my HDHomeRun, and now the app doesn’t even load. I open it and only get a blank screen. I deleted the app and reinstalled it and got a splash screen of new features, but when I closed that I got the same blank screen. I’d love to watch live TV on my phone thought the house, but haven’t for a long while.
Developer Response ,
Can you check to make sure your hdhomerun has the latest firmware installed? If you're still having issues email email@example.com and we will help get it sorted out.
Make it easier
I had some problems with the settings it will not let me get to the live TV so I need you to make that easier for me it won’t let me go anywhere else and then that keeps on saying front load speaker left and it’s getting kind annoying so I would like you to help me and make it easier for me because it’s very hard and it might be hard for other people I know I gave you five stars but they might give you four or three or something else but all I’m saying is just make it easier so everyone else can enjoy it thank you
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fancy Bits, LLC
- 87.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 Fancy Bits, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.