Chart Maker Pro is a powerful graphing tool that let's you create Interactive Charts on your Mac or MacBook. This App is ideal for personal use, business, school, presentations & other areas where data visualization is Key.
- Render fullscreen charts for projector based presentations.
- Export high resolution Charts in PDF & PNG image Formats by simply enlarging the Chart Maker Pro window or by switching to fullscreen view before exporting.
- Chart Maker Pro Mac is fully responsive, as you resize the window, the chart automatically resizes to fit.
- Available Charts:
2.3D Pie Chart
3.Donut Pie Chart
4.3D Donut Pie
5.3D Exploded Pie
11.3D Bar Chart
12.3D Column Chart
13.Stacked Bar Chart
14.Combo Chart W/Trendline
- All Charts are Interactive.
- Easily copy & Paste your charts in other MAC Applications including Keynote, Pages & Numbers.
- Easily print your charts.
- Define the look and feel of your charts by easily customizing chart colors with the inbuilt color picker
- Save your charts for future use & edits
- Import or Export CSV data.
- Easily render different types charts with the same data without re-entering it.
- Easily move your charts to iPad & iPhone Apps.
* This version comes with several bug fixes and improvements.
- Bug fixes
- UI Updates
- Improved Save/Save As functionality
- Added CSV Export
- Added support for Arabic Characters
Ratings and Reviews
Basic Graping Program without Versatility
Chartmaker Pro is a good basic program for making charts that makes it easy to import data from CSV files and export the graphs to PDF documents. The charts are colorful. However, this program also has shortcomings in that it does not accept empty cells in the first column in the first two rows. Also, the program truncates data improperly; an entry of 8.3 and 5.8 is truncated to 8 and 5 respectively in graphing. Additionally, this program does not provide flexibility to revise axis minimum and maximum values, modify chart parameters, etc.
In short if the graph that is desired is in the limited types provided by the program that is great but if any flexibility is needed, this program is not the proper choice.
Developer Response ,
The issue of truncating numbers above was a bug that was happening with decimal points, but we have that resolved. Please update your app and try it out, should be good now. The reason why we do not allow empty cells is because for you to create a chart, you need a minimum number of 2 items. That's the only way we check to make sure your chart is rendered correctly. Please note that the Chart Maker Grid does not work like a spreadsheet, it's slightly different.
OK, but needs work
I bought this to generate graphs that I could then re-draw with Fireworks for software reporting mockups. I wanted to avoid the complexities of Excel — I didn’t need a spreadsheet, I needed charts. Well, for $5.99 I guess I got what I paid for. I would have paid 2 or 3 times this much for a really good chart/graph application though.
This one needs some work on the UI and its user interactions.
There should be no restrictions on labels. Why does it tell me I can’t use a colon or an ampersand in the label? There are no calculation involved there, so it should allow anything to be a label.
There are 3 panes, but the one where you add data can’t be manually resized. It’s a weird experience to rezise the far left or right borders and not have that data pane resize.
There needs to be a refresh control so I can see the chart when I want to, as I go.
The pie chart symbol above each column is for the color picker. A relatively large icon like this, takes up space and is distracting and this one doesn’t mean what it’s supposed to mean.
And the most maddening this about this is lack of copy and paste! I can’t copy a label from one row and paste it into another (to alter it slightly or whatever). That’s THE most basic control, I can believe it was left out. When you copy and paste you get “Copy chart to Other Apps.” Huh?
I’m assuming that this is a Windows app that has been ported to the Mac and as these things usually go, not very well. Anyway, for $5.99, what did I expect? At least it does work, even if it’s not intuitive and follows no UI standard that I’m aware of.
Developer Response ,
We have a new update with several UI improvements. Try it out.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.