Build and discover in Charterstone - a digital board game campaign. Shape your village into the new Eternal City!
The official digital adaptation of Jamey Stegmaier’s board game - Charterstone!
It’s a campaign strategy game with high replayability, where players build the new Eternal City!
Build and discover in Charterstone!
Just take a look at the honors the board game received:
2018 Diana Jones Award for Excellence in Gaming Nominee
2017 Meeples' Choice Nominee
2017 Golden Geek Most Innovative Board Game Nominee
2017 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Nominee
2017 Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Nominee
2017 Golden Geek Best Board Game Artwork & Presentation Nominee
2017 Cardboard Republic Architect Laurel Nominee
The campaign is divided into a series of separate games. Each game will have its own unique rule and bonus objective. Each game will build upon the previous one and add something new! Your decisions and play style will affect the progress and the end of the campaign. What’s more, there are no negative interactions between players. In other words, you score points on the back of your own strategy, not by undermining your opponents. It’s especially important when playing against your friends or family in online or hot-seats multiplayer!
So what is the game about? Can you convince the forever king to declare your village the new Eternal City?
• Pick one of the 6 unique characters to lead your charter
• Discover new buildings, scoring possibilities and game mechanics
• Strategize and manage your workers, buildings and resources
• Watch the ruleset, and the village, expand from game to game
• Build upon your progress from previous games
• Uncover the story as you progress through the campaign
What can you expect?
• Official Charterstone rules, consulted with Jamey Stegmaier himself
• Play with AI, friends or both - great experience for both solo and group play
• Online cross-platform multiplayer
• Hot-seats style local multiplayer
• AI opponents - Easy, Medium or Hard
• Full 12 games Campaign
• Single Game mode - a flexible and adjustable mode for a quick match!
• Save your map at any time and play it later with your friends
• Pre-set and randomly generated maps
• Awesomely animated board game map, buildings, cards, characters and more!
• Full replayability - no two campaigns will be the same
• Beautiful art by Mr. Cuddington and Gong Studios
• Unique experience of a board game with the convenience of a digital platform
• No negative interactions between players - no backstabbing!
WARNING: Charterstone: Digital Edition needs at least 2GB of RAM to work properly. Some older devices like iPad Air, iPad Mini and Mini 2, iPad 4 or iPad 6 only have 1GB of RAM.
Get it now!
[Localization] Japanese localization has been added!
[Fix] Player Buildings window has been improved.
[Fix] Error with the human player ID missing in the online game has been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
solid digital adaptation
really nice digital version of a solid worker placement legacy game. would be 5 stars if you had the option to create your own map from scratch for single games, but the campaign was fun to play through
Online play no longer works
Thus game used to be fun until online play stopped working in the middle of a campaign. It is now impossible to log in and play. Has the app been abandoned by the developers?
Developer Response ,
thanks for your feedback, we are glad you are enjoying Charterstone. :) Right now we are working on our new server, this might cause the online games disturbance however the issue will be fixed soon alongside a new patch 1.2.8! :)
Still buggy and unclear rules
Overall the game is fun, and is well designed. However there are still some serious gameplay bugs, such as when picking which minions to keep from the previous game it lets me pick from all players' minions instead of just my own. Also when determining which player had the most influence at the end of the game to decide on a new rule it has sometimes picked an AI player with lower influence than I had. The new rule introductions are also not always clear. For example, the rules don't really tell you what the sky islands do or what happens when you place one. This makes the game kind of frustrating at times.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Acram Digital Sp. z o.o.
- 344.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Acram Digital & Stonemaier Games
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.