Build and discover in Charterstone - a digital board game campaign. Shape your village into the new Eternal City!
The official digital adaptation of Jamey Stegmaier’s board game - Charterstone!
It’s a campaign strategy game with high replayability, where players build the new Eternal City!
Build and discover in Charterstone!
Just take a look at the honors the board game received:
2018 Diana Jones Award for Excellence in Gaming Nominee
2017 Meeples' Choice Nominee
2017 Golden Geek Most Innovative Board Game Nominee
2017 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Nominee
2017 Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Nominee
2017 Golden Geek Best Board Game Artwork & Presentation Nominee
2017 Cardboard Republic Architect Laurel Nominee
The campaign is divided into a series of separate games. Each game will have its own unique rule and bonus objective. Each game will build upon the previous one and add something new! Your decisions and play style will affect the progress and the end of the campaign. What’s more, there are no negative interactions between players. In other words, you score points on the back of your own strategy, not by undermining your opponents. It’s especially important when playing against your friends or family in online or hot-seats multiplayer!
So what is the game about? Can you convince the forever king to declare your village the new Eternal City?
• Pick one of the 6 unique characters to lead your charter
• Discover new buildings, scoring possibilities and game mechanics
• Strategize and manage your workers, buildings and resources
• Watch the ruleset, and the village, expand from game to game
• Build upon your progress from previous games
• Uncover the story as you progress through the campaign
What can you expect?
• Official Charterstone rules, consulted with Jamey Stegmaier himself
• Play with AI, friends or both - great experience for both solo and group play
• Online cross-platform multiplayer
• Hot-seats style local multiplayer
• AI opponents - Easy, Medium or Hard
• Full 12 games Campaign
• Single Game mode - a flexible and adjustable mode for a quick match!
• Save your map at any time and play it later with your friends
• Pre-set and randomly generated maps
• Awesomely animated board game map, buildings, cards, characters and more!
• Full replayability - no two campaigns will be the same
• Beautiful art by Mr. Cuddington and Gong Studios
• Unique experience of a board game with the convenience of a digital platform
• No negative interactions between players - no backstabbing!
WARNING: Charterstone: Digital Edition needs at least 2GB of RAM to work properly. Some older devices like iPad Air, iPad Mini and Mini 2, iPad 4 or iPad 6 only have 1GB of RAM.
Get it now!
[Fix] Fixed some rare instances when AI looped its behaviors.
[Fix] Fixed a bug where a Minion sold with a Quota action incorrectly reverted it's view state.
[Fix] Fixed a bug where a tooltip of a last viewed building would appear above empty Sky Islands
[Fix] Minor fixes to Perils display (on the board).
[Fix] Fixed a bug where sometimes players were unable to increase their Reputation
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good game...some issues
Quality board game and made with panache, but sadly it was stuck midcampaign, where the same game is being played over and over again (where you have to clear perils for the king). Not sure why it stopped advancing but i did manage through repeated plays to advance so perhaps it was a temporary bug or due to some edge case in the outcome of my first attempts to play.
I did finish the campaign. Enjoyed it a good deal. I would recommend wholeheartedly except for the concern of bugs that can halt progress inexplicably.
LOVE THIS GAME!
For those unfamiliar, this game is BEST played as a 12 game campaign. It can certainly play as a stand-alone single game, but the full enjoyment (to me) comes from the campaign mode. More on this later...
As far as the app, I’ve seen a lot of people complaining about it being buggy and crashing.. I bought this 4th of July weekend and haven’t encountered any bugs or crashing yet. I’ve played a full campaign (12 games) on my iPad mini and was delighted at how smooth it ran.
There is a LOT of interactive info on your screen. As mentioned, I’ve been playing on a small tablet but would imagine it’s a bit cramped on a phone screen. Everything on the screen is interactive, but it will be a bit daunting if you’re a new player. They have a tutorial but there is a lot of nuance so I’d recommend reading the rulebook online somewhere.
Reviewing the game itself, you can find tons of reviews on Amazon/BGG for the Charterstone Board game that will give you lots of info as to why this is such a great worker placement game. Fun little twists and rule additions throughout the campaign keeps things fresh and fun. The app is particularly great because, unlike playing IRL, the app takes care of all your bonuses. No more “aw man I forgot when I use the green charter I get an extra coin.” The app handles all bonuses and glory/capacity for you; it’s amazing!!!
Great implementation of a great game
This is a gorgeously realized version of the cardboard game, with nice UI, plenty of cute animations, and pretty seamless online multiplayer. There’s definitely a learning curve, but once you start to dig in there’s a very deep strategy game here, with lots of twists and turns as the campaign plays out. Nicely done. The digital format is great because it allows you to try the different charters to learn how they play out. Async is a great way to pass a long quarantine with friends, as long as people are patient. Definitely not a quick game
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Acram Digital Sp. z o.o.
- 381.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Acram Digital & Stonemaier Games
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.