Charts & Tides 4+
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
The all new Charts&Tides for iOS7 is finally here! Now get access to charts, tides, ActiveCaptain information, GPS navigation and more in a well designed package. Use it at home to research and plan your trip. Use it on your boat to navigate a route to your final destination.
Charts&Tides was designed with ease of use in mind. The interface is intuitive and tasks have been streamlined. Unlike other marine software, you do not need to download, store and manage individual charts or load them into the software; we have done the legwork for you and compiled large area charts that combine information from multiple sources.
In more detail:
- Provides continuous and seamless large area charts derived from NOAA and CHS vector cartography.
- Shows tide levels and current speeds on the chart using easily interpreted icons. Allows you to judge the water situation around you with a single glance.
- Integrates with the ActiveCaptain interactive cruising guidebook providing you with access to thousands of marinas, anchorages, hazards and other local knowledge.
- Stores the entire ActiveCaptain database offline so that it is always available to you, even without an Internet connection.
- Allows you to instantly search thousands of chart features and the ActiveCaptain database.
- Supports waypoints, routes, tracks and allows you to import and export them in GPX format. Route navigation with automatic waypoint sequencing is also supported.
- Supports multiple options for navigation. You can use your device's built-in GPS or connect to an external GPS via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. You can also use dead reckoning mode.
- Supports external AIS devices and performs Closest Point of Approach (CPA) computations.
- Comes with a dark UI that looks good during the day and will preserve your night vision when it is dark.
The software comes with a world base map, but does not come prepackaged with any detailed marine charts. You can purchase detailed marine charts from within the application. You can also use the software without purchasing additional charts.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- ActiveCaptain changes for 2015
- Misc other fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Does this chart app ever get chart updates? There is no mention of that. I guess most of the charts are four years or older in this app Since the last version update was in 2015?
Charts and Tides US East
I bought this app also. Worked great. My phone is now on IOS 11. This app needs to be updated to work with my phone. Tried to contact developer. No response. They should give customers the updated version that works with the newer IOS instead of taking the “Screw You” stance and not even respond to a valid issue. Navigate far far away from this app.....!!!
Do Not Buy this App
I have been using this app for years and was very happy with it but it seems they have now stopped upgrading and supporting but are still happy to sell to anyone stupid enough to buy it!!
I changed phones and tried to restore my purchased charts but could not.
Emails to support are totally ignored.
Changing to another product. Very disappointed!
The developer, Navimatics Corporation, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Navimatics Corporation
- 44.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2015 Navimatics Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- 2016 US Marine Vector Chart $24.99
- 2014 US Marine Vector Chart $24.99
- 2015 US Marine Vector Chart $24.99