ChatMate for Facebook is the latest member of the ChatMate family and the best app for using Facebook Messenger on your Mac.
Only with ChatMate for Facebook you can send and receive voice messages, photos, videos, documents and Emojis.
It is the must have app for any Facebook Messenger user with a Mac!
These unique features can only be found in ChatMate for Facebook:
• Send and receive text messages, voice messages, photos, videos and Emojis
• Record videos and photos directly in app and share them with your friends
• Save received images, videos and documents to your Mac
• "Dark Mode": With a beautiful layout dominated by dark colors ChatMate for Facebook will be easy on your eyes
• "Do not disturb Mode": disables all notifications with a single click
• "Privacy Mode": Automatically locks ChatMate for Facebook with a password or Touch ID after a user selected idle time
• "Stealth Mode": Prevents others from peaking into your conversations
• Choose from more than 20 different notification sounds
• Choose a custom chat window wallpaper image
• Full Touch Bar integration
• Share Extension: Share photos, videos, documents, text and webpages from directly from any source app (including Finder, Safari, Photos and more...)
• Polished Mac style user interface
• Integrates seamlessly into your Mac workflow
• Option to hide the dock icon (run the App seamlessly in the background)
• Open the App window with a customizable keyboard shortcut at any time
• Option to show a MenuBar icon (in the upper right corner of the display, where the clock is)
• Customization options for the notifications (show/hide sender and message preview)
• Option to automatically launch the App after logging in to your Mac
• Use drag and drop to send media (also from Apple Fotos App)
• Reply to incoming messages right from the message notification
• Show unread message count in Dock icon badge
• Show new unread message alert in MenuBar
• Play videos inside the App
• App window supports full screen and split screen mode
• Standalone Application. No need to have a Web Browser window open to write Facebook messages
• Optimized for minimum CPU and Memory footprint using latest Swift 3 technology
We have answered the most frequent questions in an FAQ, which you can reach at https://chatmate.io/faq
For further support, feature requests, bug reports or anything else, please eMail to email@example.com
We'll be happy to assist you!
ChatMate for Facebook is a third party App. The developer of this software is NOT sponsored by or affiliated with Facebook Inc. in any way.
Version 4.3.1 of ChatMate for Facebook contains various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Further, we have added support for typing suggestions in Touch Bar.
Of course the app now fully supports macOS 10.14 Mojave.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using it for several months now. Enough time to see the ugly side of almost any app. This one just keeps on working and working with now bug, freezes or crashes. I recommend this app to everyone who wants Facebook Messenger up and ready all the time with having to open Facebook and then open Messenger to reply to a friend or send a quick message. A good, stable app with some really nice features.
Update: Over a year of use and it stays up on my second monitor. Works flawlessly. I totally endorse getting this if you use Messenger much.
I’ve used this app, and its WhatsApp counterpart for quite a while. The WA app is great and works really well. However, whenever I run this, the FB version, my safari app goes completely askew. It runs slow, I get blank tabs, frequent crashes and sometimes it crashes my entire computer. This was happening every time I was using safari. I tried everything to sort it - spoke to Apple support many many times, and then realized that it only did this while ChatMate for FB was running. I quit ChatMate for FB a couple of weeks ago, and since then, safari has been running perfectly.
I’m not sure what it is about this app that glitches Safari, but something is going weird somewhere. Maybe this is something for the developers to look into because it’s a really good app other than that.
Had to reinstall and it asked me for a key which I never received
I bought this along with the app for WhatsApp, but recently had to reinstall this app because it kept telling me there was an update. The only problem was, there was no update and when I reinstalled the app, the new one said I had 4 days to trial. I had already bought this and sent a copy of my purchase email from Apple to the developer who several days later wrote me back and said he didn’t understand my problem that I had bought it from the Apple App Store. I replied that it was asking me for a key I never received after purchase, for either app. To date, nothing more from the developer. True it was cheap as apps go, but I expected a better response and an effort from him to rectify the issue. I have now uninstalled the app as well as his WhatsApp app. Won’t be using this again!
- Bastian Roessler
- 12.6 MB
- Social Networking
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 - 2018 Bastian Roessler
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.