ChatMate for WhatsApp is the successor of the famous App for WhatsApp and it is the best and most powerful App to use WhatsApp on your Mac.
The App is among the TOP selling Apps in more than 30 countries worldwide and has received overwhelming user feedback.
Only with ChatMate for WhatsApp you can send and receive voice messages, photos, videos, documents and Emojis.
It is the must have App for any WhatsApp user with a Mac!
These unique features can only be found in ChatMate for WhatsApp:
• Send and receive text messages, voice messages, photos, videos, documents and Emojis
• Record videos and photos directly in App and share them with your friends
• Save received images, videos and documents to your Mac
• "Dark Mode": With a beautiful layout dominated by dark colors ChatMate for WhatsApp will be easy on your eyes
• "Do not disturb Mode": disables all notifications with a single click
• "Privacy Mode": Automatically locks ChatMate for WhatsApp with a password or Touch ID after a user selected idle time
• "Stealth Mode": Prevents others from peaking into your conversations
• Choose from more than 20 different notification sounds
• Choose a custom chat window wallpaper image
• [New] Full Touch Bar integration
• [New] Share Extension: Share photos, videos, documents, text and webpages from directly from any source app (including Finder, Safari, Photos and more...)
• [New] Keep window always on top option.
• Polished Mac style user interface
• Integrates seamlessly into your Mac workflow
• Option to hide the dock icon (run the App seamlessly in the background)
• Open the App window with a customizable keyboard shortcut at any time
• Option to show a MenuBar icon (in the upper right corner of the display, where the clock is)
• Customization options for the notifications (show/hide sender and message preview)
• Option to automatically launch the App after logging in to your Mac
• Use drag and drop to send media (also from Apple Fotos App)
• Reply to incoming messages right from the message notification
• Show unread message count in Dock icon badge
• Show new unread message alert in MenuBar
• Play videos inside the App
• App window supports full screen and split screen mode
• Standalone Application. No need to have a Web Browser window open to write WhatsApp messages
• Optimized for minimum CPU and Memory footprint using latest Swift 4 technology
We have answered the most frequent questions in an FAQ, which you can reach at https://chatmate.io/faq
For further support, feature requests, bug reports or anything else, please eMail to email@example.com
We'll be happy to assist you!
ChatMate for WhatsApp requires a WhatsApp Web compatible smartphone.
(If you are unsure please open WhatsApp on your mobile device, navigate to settings and check for a "WhatsApp Web" option).
ChatMate for WhatsApp is a third party App. The developer of this software is NOT sponsored by or affiliated with WhatsApp Inc. in any way.
• Minor fixes to make Dark Mode even more beautiful
• Full compatibility with macOS 10.14 Mojave
Ratings and Reviews
New to WhatsApp
I'm new to the WhatsApp world and have only used it on Apple products so I cannot really compare. But ChatMate seems great to me. So much better than standard texting. With this new world of Zoom meetings, I'm involved in some large meetings, 150 or more, and need to be texting certain key people behind the scenes. Texting wasn't making it to some in a timely manner. With ChatMate for Whatsapp on my iMac, there is virtually no delay. Everyone is getting messages within one or two seconds. And I can do it from my keyboard! Love it!
A few features that make it worth buying over the free version but...
Not sure I’d call the application “better” than the free official whatsapp client but it does have a few features that set it apart.
First (and most important to me) is that it incorporates sharing into OSX. Adds the functionality to right-click menus and Safari, which is the reason I ended up buying the software.
Second, top notification bar, allowing me to free up a dock slot - I find this really handy too.
Third, it has a few customization options the official client doesn’t have (eg transparency).
Fourth, audio and video recording support.
Finally, better emoji support.
That said, it’s a little clunkier. Clicking the buttons isn’t as easy and there is a lot of dead space (for example turning off notifications and opening the preferences menu). When you do successfully click on the buttons, there’s a delay before they pop open as well. I’ve also had more crashes and hangups than I did with the official app.
All in all it’s good and expands on the free version of the whatsapp application. It’s worth the $3 I paid for it, but it could definitely use some improvements here and there before being a 5-star app.
Could be better support for videos not adequate
I have been using the original WhatsApp Web client for years and decided to try ChatMate based on the ability to record voice notes.
However I have found that most of the videos do not play in ChatMate based on an unsupported format message. This needs to be improved as this is a paid version of the app.
Also in dark mode when you click on a reference response and it takes you back to the original post the highligt in white makes it difficult to read the post as the original post is white text. The highlight colour should be changed in dark mode.
If that changes I will change my rating.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Bastian Roessler
- 13 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015 - 2018 Bastian Roessler
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.