Cheatsheet is for the little things you never remember: hotel rooms, license plates, luggage combination, ID numbers. Write them down in Cheatsheet and then refer to them anytime in the Widget or paste them anywhere with the Custom Keyboard. No more fumbling to unlock your phone and find your notes app; Cheatsheet is as easy as swiping right on your lock screen, pulling up the keyboard, or glancing at your Apple Watch.
• Simple UI for adding and managing your cheats.
• Over 200 hint icons to help you recognize what you’re looking for.
• Quickly copy a cheat by tapping-and-holding on a row.
• Search for your cheats, both in the app and in Spotlight.
• Use Siri to “add notes to Cheatsheet” or “find notes in Cheatsheet”.
• No security. Please don’t use Cheatsheet for important passwords or personal information.
• Shows up to 16 of your cheats.
• Tap the “+” button to add a cheat in the app.
• Select a cheat to copy, open, or delete it.
• Add, edit, and delete cheats right from your wrist.
• Complication shows your top cheat right on your watch face.
• Shows up to 50 cheats, which you can insert anywhere you can use a custom keyboard.
• Includes space, delete, and return keys to help with simple edits.
• Use all your favorite Cheatsheet icons in iMessage.
• Action extension: send text or URLs to Cheatsheet from any app via the share sheet.
• Customize the Cheatsheet widget’s appearance and behavior to suit your needs.
• URL scheme for adding a cheat: cheatsheet://add?text=everything%20is%20awesome.
• Unlock the full widget, keyboard, and Watch app, plus iCloud syncing, with one easy in-app purchase.
• Purchases will help support the ongoing development of Cheatsheet. :)
Quickly find an icon by typing a few letters. Icon search also suggests relevant and recently-used icons.
Added support for keyboard shortcuts to the iPad app. Connect a keyboard and then hold the Command key to see a list of shortcuts.
WATCH APP IMPROVEMENTS
Updated the Watch app to make it easier to discover and access features.
New in 3.3.1: fixed Watch app scrolling issue.
Ratings and Reviews
I bought this for the widget and keyboard functionality. I use it all the time. I travel a lot so I have a note with my room number.. always one swipe away. I have URLs for software testing. Great! Then I got an Apple Watch and tried several simple note programs. None beat Cheatsheet. Did you know you can control if a cheat appears on the widget... or on a complication. You can. The only features that are not there (yet) is scribble functionality for Apple Watch and an option to not show a cheat at all on the watch. Otherwise this app is such a productivity boost. Live it.
Great tool for a specific purpose!
I love this app. It’s useful on my phone for storing bits of memory lint that don’t need 1Password’s protection. It also makes my Apple Watch more useful, so I avoid even the phone’s low friction when recalling those text items. The icon labels are a neat idea, too. Possible improvements (but not major problems): offer different color cheat icons; have a setting to turn OFF the auto-suggestions for calling/texting text strings, since many of those are false positives.
Easy to use, and generous developer because there’s no subscription. I paid because I wanted to help the developer, and because it’s not a lot of money to pay for the extras. I wouldn’t even mind paying more as long as the app is not abandoned. But as with anything else, there’s a limit, and sometimes the developer has no choice. So far, so good. I hope that things go smoothly for all, and I look forward to using the app for a long time. Five Stars! Thanks!
- Christopher Adam Overholtzer
- 80.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Adam Overholtzer
- In-App Purchases
- Cheatsheet Pro $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.