CheckOff is a task management application that runs as a stand alone application or a menu bar app.
• Your choice: runs in a menu bar mode so that your dock doesn't get cluttered up, or as a normal application.
• Tasks can be placed within folders, and have labels attached to each task.
• Tasks can be put inside other tasks
• Tasks can have notes with plain text or rich text with fonts, colors, and sizes.
• Notes can also contain links to websites or local files, allowing one click access to resources that can be used to complete the task.
• Menu bar icon color can be customized.
• Hot key support to open the main window.
• Export your tasks as text, RTF, html and opml
• Dark mode support for macOS Mojave and Catalina
- fixed a crash when deleting a URL in the notes area. Thanks to Reza for reporting it!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Feature request: New item to same line
In the current version, a new item or new folder will be created into sub folder (within the existing item/folder). For my usage, it would be more convenient if a new item is created parallel to the existing folder/item. As I remember, the previous versions behaved differently...
Anyway, Check Offs has been my go-to app for >15-years to schedule my daily tasks in the morning. Thanks for your continuing support.
Very useful app
I find this app very helpful and always at the ready in the menu bar to refer to and add to dos as necessary. What's especially helpful is that you can set up multiple folders with tasks to keep distinct projects and personal vs work tasks. It's very easy to edit tasks and you can attach notes to any task you wish. The author, Lucien, is awesome. He's quick to respond to questions or bug reports and, more importantly, gets on them and fixes them fast. I'd give this 6 stars if this app would sync to iCloud or Dropbox!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your kind words! - Lucien
App not dead, but location for data file has moved.
The app isn’t dead, but it isn’t migrating your old data file to its new location. The old data file is in your Users library under Application Support/Checkoff. The new location for the data file is also in your Users library. It’s too long for me to try to replicate here. Go to preferences in checkoff. The first entry under “General” will give you the new location. Quit the app, drag your old file to the new location (make a copy of it first perhaps!), replacing the existing file and restart the app. Should work. I’m not the developer, just a user who’s wrassled with this mess and come up with a solution. I believe you may also simply be able to point the app in the direction of your old data file - under the preferences that I’ve already mentioned there’s an option for specifying where the app should look for the data file. Again, perhaps worth it to make a copy before you do that.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Lucien Dupont
- 6.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 ChromeDome Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.