CheckOff is a task management application that runs as a stand alone application or a menu bar app.
• Your choice: runs in a menu bar mode so that your dock doesn't get cluttered up, or as a normal application.
• Tasks can be placed within folders, and have labels attached to each task.
• Tasks can have notes with plain text or rich text with fonts, colors, and sizes.
• Notes can also contain links to websites or local files, allowing one click access to resources that can be used to complete the task.
• Menu bar icon color can be customized.
• Hot key support to open the main window.
• Export your tasks as text, RTF, html and opml
• Dark mode support for macOS Mojave and Catalina
Fixed a case where your notes might mess up if you check an item.
Thanks to a great user Elliot for all the help testing!
- fixed an issue where if you dragged and dropped an item, it would look like your notes would get messed up
- properly selecting the dragged item when you finish the drag.
- fixed a crash on launching when automatically resizing the window preference was turned on.
- Fixed a bug where you could loose a note if you hit the New Item button after editing a note
- Updated some third party libraries to their latest versions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very useful app
I find this app very helpful and always at the ready in the menu bar to refer to and add to dos as necessary. What's especially helpful is that you can set up multiple folders with tasks to keep distinct projects and personal vs work tasks. It's very easy to edit tasks and you can attach notes to any task you wish. The author, Lucien, is awesome. He's quick to respond to questions or bug reports and, more importantly, gets on them and fixes them fast. I'd give this 6 stars if this app would sync to iCloud or Dropbox!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your kind words! - Lucien
This works very well for me.
I used to write things down on paper so that I would not forget and of course the paper would get buried under everything on my desk, so then I would start a new list which isn't very efficient. This app keeps it right in front where I have easy access all the time. I like the color capabilities and ease of use. It is simple. I need simple. I've recommended this to my daughter. I don't have a phone to sync with (yet) but I know it will be great to have this app when I do eventually have one.
App not dead, but location for data file has moved.
The app isn’t dead, but it isn’t migrating your old data file to its new location. The old data file is in your Users library under Application Support/Checkoff. The new location for the data file is also in your Users library. It’s too long for me to try to replicate here. Go to preferences in checkoff. The first entry under “General” will give you the new location. Quit the app, drag your old file to the new location (make a copy of it first perhaps!), replacing the existing file and restart the app. Should work. I’m not the developer, just a user who’s wrassled with this mess and come up with a solution. I believe you may also simply be able to point the app in the direction of your old data file - under the preferences that I’ve already mentioned there’s an option for specifying where the app should look for the data file. Again, perhaps worth it to make a copy before you do that.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.