Checkbook HD offers you a quick and simple way of managing your personal finances. Clean and beautiful interface and easy cloud sync with your iPhone or iPad.
Manage all your accounts with Checkbook HD and stay always aware of how much money is left on each of your accounts, and how it happened. Add entries that change balances on your accounts manually, or import your banking records by using your bank's OFX file. You can also schedule recurring transactions, sync your data between several devices, schedule delayed transactions and clear them later on (reconcile). To visualize the activity of your accounts, use colorful charts.
Checkbook HD features:
- Unlimited number of accounts (checking, savings, credit card, etc.)
- Running balance column
- Accounts reconciliation (balance and cleared balance)
- Support of multiple currencies
- Restoration of previously deleted accounts (if needed)
- Income, Expenses, Transfers between accounts
- Categories and subcategories
- Automatic categorization based on previous transactions
- Additional fields for organizing your records including description, payee, check #, etc.
- Customization of the transaction columns
- Automatic repeating transactions scheduled as “cleared” or “not cleared”
- Regulated custom frequency (daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and any other frequency customization)
- Pie chart and bar chart reports showing the structure of your income and expenses
- Filter by categories and subcategories, accounts and payees
- PDF reports for sharing and printing
DATA AND SYNC
- Import of your banking records using your bank's OFX file
- Quick manual entry
- PIN-protected data
- Export of your data in CSV/Excel and PDF formats
- iCloud storing of your data and providing it on all your devices - iPhone, iPad, Mac (This feature can be turned on after the installation. All the updates occur automatically.)
- Printing of your data (CSV/Excel and PDF formats supported)
- Clean and beautiful Mac-oriented interface (check the screenshots)
- Beautiful PDF reports for sharing and printing
- User Guide - http://checkbookhd.com
- Feedback & Support - email@example.com
Checkbook HD is truly a high quality clean product for easy personal finance management. Buy now! ►►
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very poor user interface makes impossible to use
1. Can’t reorder columns
2. Can’t change column sort to ascending i.e. oldest entry on top, newest on bottom
3. Can’t directly enter payee in register - have to enter in a list first.
4. OFX doesn’t import all transaction data - it left out the transaction number, payee; needs QIF import/export
5. Doesn’t have separate income/deposit and expense/withdrawal columns
I reviewed the user guide and couldn’t find a way to fix these major faults which make it a deal killer for me. Fortunately, I was able to get it during a temporary “free” period so I’m not out any money.
Bottomline: Run away from this software as fast as you can.
I've been using the Checkbook app in my iPhone for more than 2 years and I've always been happy with it, I've been relieved of having to do it manually on a physical checkbook and having to write down in pen and to use a calculator for each transaction.
I recently bought a macbook and was happy to find this exact app available in the mac's app store. I usually type in the transactions in my phone's app because I have more flexibility, but it always syncs with the app on the mac without fail. I'm very happy with it, it's basic, simple and convenient.
There are better apps available but this one does what I want it to do. However, I could do things a lot better. I have to re-set the period time to one year everytime I open the app. Otherwise it will only show data from the current month. You can't reorder the columns. You have to use the PLUS button to add anything. You can't just type in the information and hit enter. You have to enter payees into a list before you can use them. It doesn't look like the app has been updated in over a year. That's not a good sign.
- iBear LLC
- 25.1 MB
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2018 iBear LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.