The #1 Checkers app for iOS just got better. Play against your Game Center friends or random opponents using our new turn-based multiplayer feature!
Checkers Premium supports both 1 player and 2 player gameplay, so you can play against friends or test your skills against a challenging computer opponent.
Our new turn-based network play feature allows you to play up to 16 simultaneous network games against your Game Center friends or random network opponents over Wi-Fi or 3G.
Checkers Premium includes a host of exciting features, including:
* Great graphics and awesome sound effects
* Configurable player names and score tracking
* Outstanding AI engine provided by renowned AI researcher Martin Fierz
* Fully configurable 1 player difficulty level
* Undo function
* Option to enable / disable forced captures
* Automatic save when you exit the app
Checkers Premium currently plays according to American Checkers / English Draughts rules.
* Fixed bug which caused pieces to fly all over the place when computer moved first as black
* Increased size of game board on iPad devices
* Minor tweaks aimed at reducing the overall brightness of the game board screen
Ratings and Reviews
It is a bit annoying to be asked each time if I want to start a new or saved game when there is no saved game, and to have to answer yes in a pop up if I want to do a double jump. But it does loose gracefully.
I’ve been using the free app for years, and while it was annoying at times, it was a decent app for being one of the free options. I recently decided to splurge and pay the $2 for the upgraded version. What a fool I am. The add box still pops up and wants to take me to the upgrade option, which then takes me to the store and clearly shows I have already done so. There are no new features, nor does it run any smoother. Also, as other reviewers have stated, the Network play option is ridiculous. There is no time limit for moves, and when you do get matched with someone, half the time they take their turn, and then disappear. The computer play option works well enough, so just do yourself a favor and keep your $2 and continue on your merry way with the free version.
Lots of personality...for a checkers game. After a few thousand rounds you'll begin to understand what's meant by that. Good company in deep nights.
Don't care for having to diddle with a dialogue when making a double, and newer apps do away with this. If implemented, highlighting the route through multiple jumps and allowing these to be completed with minimal finger movements/dialogues would simplify play.
This is a great, stable app for passing the time while giving your brain a light workout.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Optime Software LLC
- 63.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Optime Software LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.