CheckGemba is an easy-to-use checklisting App, designed for gemba walkers, auditors, and inspectors who want to go see shopfloors and facilities working paperless. With a list made beforehand, or during their tour, they will enjoy the opportunity for structured verification and timesaving reporting of the walkthrough findings as a result of the export function to a computer.
The App enables you to create and use your own list or a generic list of items you want to check out at your gemba, during an inspection round or an audit. Checklists can be created in the App, or on a computer and imported in CheckGemba. CheckGemba offers you the handy feature to qualify your responses in 9 different categories (see features).
Once created, you can share your checklist with others, e.g. to go see different locations with exactly the same checklist. The progress in the verification of the checklist items is made clear by transferring every item from the list of uncompleted items to a list of completed items after it has been answered. So, no more unintentionally missed observation points! Titles can be added to the checklist and the possibility to jump from title to title makes the use of long checklists manageable. During your gemba visit or site tour you can add additional information and media files to your checklist. After finishing the checklist, you can export the items, your responses to them, and your notes. If wanted, you can log the checklist’s handling, and export the items in their sequence of answering. Checklists that are used regularly can be saved in the App as templates and make assessments consistent in time and place.
- Efficient and effective reporting tool for gemba walkers, auditors and inspectors
- Generic checklisting tool with multiple applications: inventory counting, check sheet, internal audit, hospital roundings, root cause investigation list, punch list, …
- Preparation and use of checklists in the App
- Import checklists made in Numbers or Excel via iTunes Filesharing, Dropbox or Numbers for iOS (supported file formats: csv, xls, xlsx)
- Indication of the checklist’s status by color: Ready for use - In Progress - Finished
- Possibility to add global responses for the full checklist
- Qualification of responses in 9 different categories: Text, Check (Check-Present-Yes/No), Multiple Choice, Quantity, Number Value, Number Score, Counter, Stopwatch, OK/NOK
- Possibility to add titles to the checklist and jump from title to title during the tour
- Incorporation of text comments and audio recordings, photos and videos in the checklist
- Option to annotate pictures
- Possibility to add handwritten notes (Apple Pencil can be used on iPad Pro devices)
- Possibility for adding comments to media files
- Creation of Templates in the App
- Sharing of Templates via Airdrop, email, Dropbox
- Possibility to log the checklist’s fill out during the rounding
- Possibility to store additional information on the checklist (tags, resources,…)
- Search option on name, tags, content (titles, items, responses) in checklists and templates
- Export in CSV via iTunes file sharing and Dropbox, iCloud Drive
- Choice of export sequence for the checklist items: original/ answering
- Latest position is stored when closing the App
- Step-by-step guide with tips included in the App
- Based on the professional experience of process improvement experts
- Universal App (works both on iPhone or iPad)
- Ready for iOS 10
Note: CheckGemba does not sync data between different versions of the app
Updated for iOS 11 and iPhone X
The developer, STEXCON, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.