Checkmate for Foursquare lets you check in automatically to your favorite places. Checkmate will run in the background and automatically check you in when you are close enough to a venue. No more awkward silence as everyone in your group pulls out their phone to check in!
- Maintain control by only choosing venues you want to check in to.
- Checkmate won't check you into a location if you do so manually.
- Share your auto-checkins with Twitter and Facebook.
- Share with friends or check in off the grid.
- GPS mode for more accurate location tracking and checkins.
- Set a custom radius per venue for Checkmate to monitor.
- Choose how often Checkmate will check you in for each venue.
- Set a timer delay for Checkmate to check you in, eliminating drive-by auto check-ins.
- Set a custom shout for each venue.
- Slide gestures to quickly add and remove venues from your auto check in list.
- Choose to automatically check in, or simply receive a reminder.
Checkmate has been completely redesigned and is compatible with all devices that support iOS 7.
Reviews: Rated 4/5 by Appsafari!
Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Fixes issue with sharing checkins with Facebook and Twitter.
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it says
I'm not sure what all of the bad reviews are about... maybe these other users didn't know you have to add the places you want it to check into? It won't just check in to a place just because it's in foursquare. I personally think that's a great feature; it would drive me crazy if it was checking in all the time, and that's a little too much loss of privacy for me.
My only complaint is that it is a little too eager to check in sometimes. I had to take all the places off my "auto" list that are on my regular driving route, because it was checking me in when I was just driving by. It seems like it should wait until you are in a place for a while (5 minutes?) before it checks you in.
It does use the battery quickly, so I don't leave it on all the time. I usually turn it on when I am on my way to a place I want to check in so I won't forget. Works great for that purpose.
Been luvin the app but it stopped working
Not sure what’s going on, but the app stopped working last week. I lost all my stored auto check in location when reinstalling the app, but that didn’t help. It still doesn’t work. :(
This is a great application for auto check in
- Hung Truong
- 9.1 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Hung Truong
- In-App Purchases
- Checkmate Pro Upgrade $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.