Important note: Please be aware that the main focus of this App is on balanced portions by food group and keeping track daily portions consumed. Make sure to swipe the scroll bar on the right to show more exchanges for the food group that you are looking at.
Introducing Checkoff Diet Tracker With Visual Exchanges, a simply presented diet app. with exchanges in food groups. Set your daily goal and track your consumption by food group. This app. keeps it simple, yet you may track portions by food group, hydration, weight, motivation, exercise and other areas you may want to customize.
- Customize any group and description
- Set and track each food group, Fruits, Vegetables, Oils, Proteins, Grains, Dairy
- Set and track Water consumption
- Set and track your daily Exercise
- Set your goal and track Weight progress
- Manually track Calories per meal and total
- Track your discretionary consumption
- Additionally a completely custom category is available. For example vegetarian options etc.
- Log self actualization state, positive affirmations and overall strategy
- Information from sources such as choosemyplate.gov and other .gov resources.
- View past history
- Edit and save past history
- Included, a Light Hearted game, "WAR ON CRAVINGS - Shoot the Junk Food" with popup suggestions.
- Start by setting your goals for each food group. This is based on your age, gender and amount of daily exercise. Always consult a professional.
- Then simply add the portions as you consume them. Data is saved automatically and will change on a new day.
- Use the "Past" button to view and edit previous day consumptions.
- For each food group use the EXCHANGE portion within the food group to get an idea of substitution for each portion. Swipe up and down to scroll through the content.
- To customize any category , in the top panel, double tap on the name of the group and type the new name. You may also do that to the description below.
- Keep track of weight and calories by selecting the box item, then using the + and - buttons to increase or decrease the amounts.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Added food and calorie database search: Although the app focuses on food group portions and fulfilling your goals, a free-form keyword search has been added to display calories. The data content is accessed from the USDA nutritional database (source information is provided in the app). If large numbers of searches are performed, the database may be inaccessible temporary based on the supplier usage policy. For best results use keywords such as "Apple, raw". IMPORTANT: Use the Slider on the right to swipe and release to scan your results. The database panel will show when you tap on the Scale Icon. Additionally, you can tap the large icon on the top-left for any food group to display the database panel.
Ratings and Reviews
The app resets itself if you clear your phone carousel cache. Really annoying. Otherwise it would be fine.
Best Portion Tracker
People giving low reviews for this app obviously did not check to see what it’s for and what it does before trying it. This app is exactly what I was looking for and works perfectly. You should already have a meal plan and if it’s based on portions of food groups, all the better. I’m using the Diabetic exchange plan. Those lists tell me how much of a food is a portion, and how many portions Incan have in a day. This app is a quick and easy way to check off what I’ve eaten and see what I have left for the day. I no longer have to do the tedious data entry and go over and o er it to see where I stand for the day. I also love that there’s a motivational icon along with the food groups where I can enter my own mantras and reminders to make sure I read them every day.
Remember Richard Simmons’ Deal a Meal? Yeah, like that, but easier, and free.
This is exactly what I have been looking for! If I could have I would have created this one myself. Quick to use as soon as you set up goals. I don't need calorie count. Similar to the old Weight Watchers, My Plate or Diabetic Diet. I think Richard Simmons had something similar with cards. This is so much simpler. If I could have I would have created this one myself.
I wish there was a way for my iPad and iPhone to sync. Also wish I could add a some more custom weekly or daily goals. If you could do that it would be even better. I would like to be able to have separate goals for starchy vegetables and high vitamin C fruit. I would like a goal on how many times a week for beans and perhaps red meat.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- New Angle Technologies, LLC
- 21.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © New Angle Technologies, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.