CheckSite is a simple and highly intuitive OS X app created to help anyone keep a close eye on any website's Internet availability.
While using CheckSite, you will be able to customize the interval between website checks.
Additionally, from CheckSite's Preferences window, users will also be able to easily hide the app's menu icon and to toggle the sound effects on and off. If you build websites or maintain domains, this is the program for you.
Checksite is inuitive and checks websites, if you wish, in the background.
• check every 5, 10, 30, 60 minutes and/or manually;
• internet availability detection;
• can operate in the background and can be started automatically at computer startup;
• choose popup alerts, logs, notifications via the system notification centre and/or email when sites are down or available again;
• the mainscreen provides the global status of websites;
• the preferences and/or website info can be saved and restored or imported in another computer with Checksite;
• choose if you want a immediately check at startup and/or at wake-up from sleep;
• sort websites automatically or choose your own list;
When a website becomes unavailable, a description of the failure will now be presented when the mousecursor is moved onto the status in the table. The description will also be presented in the logfile.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
CheckSite is a handy tool for web designers/developers.
I got tired of keeping a terminal window open to monitor my clients' websites. CheckSite gives me an integrated and unobtrusive way to do this through the OSX Notification Center. The app runs in 64-bit mode too, which is a prerequisite for me.
The developer is responsive and open to feedback, and I think the app is reasonably priced.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.