Chefling: Smart Kitchen Assistant | Totally Free
Chefling has everything you need to improve your life in the Kitchen. Experience what thousands are experiencing for free on your smartphone.
Chefling App Features:
Do you want recipes based on ingredients?
- App for recipes by ingredients. We’ll recommend recipes that are “Ready to Cook” so that you
can use all of the food you buy and make fewer trips to the store.
• Recipes for ingredients you have.
• Recipes by ingredients based on 30+ special diets, Cuisine, Meal Type, Instant Pot Recipes.
• Browse over 185,000 recipes with ease!
How can Chefling help me stick to my diet?
- Chefling now offers 30+ diet options to choose from, whether it's a lifestyle. health or an
allergen-free, we have got you covered!
• Lifestyle diets like Keto, Paleo, and Kosher.
• Health Diets like Low-Carb, Low-Sodium, and sugar-conscious.
• Allergen-free Diets like Gluten-free, Peanut-free, and Dairy-free.
• For a full list of diet preferences, see below in the “Did you know?” section.
Does Chefling offer tools for meal planning?
- Easy Meal Planning Means Less Stress. Whether you like to meal planning weekly in advance,
two days at a time, or just for the evening ahead, Chefling takes the stress out of figuring out
what’s for lunch, dinner, or an evening snack!
• Spice up your meal plan app without buying the store.
• Build good habits with reminders for meal planning weekly.
• Stay extra organized with scheduled meal planning weekly.
How can I be more efficient at grocery shopping?
- Chefling helps you shop the way you like to shop, but smarter. Find recipes based on what
ingredients you already have, then automatically turn the missing ingredients for any recipe or
meal plan into a grocery list. Collaborate between family members, meaning anyone can add
recipe ingredients to your list with a press of a button.
• Shop Less, Save More, and Waste Less Food.
• Easily create a shared shopping list with family.
• Choose from more than 1,400 ingredients listed on the app.
• Shop by choosing recipes and only the ingredients you need are added.
Organizing your pantry just got simpler!
- Chefling makes finding new recipes and making perfect use of the unused ingredients super
easy, as well as recommends recipes that will use up what’s left in your pantry before they go
• Add items to your pantry using Chefling’s barcode scanner.
• Always know what quantities you have on hand and what was used before.
• Set expiration dates for groceries and keeping track of how old each item is.
- Transforming into a SMART kitchen made easy with Chefling!
Connect your Chefling app with smart appliances from Bosch and HomeConnect. Control your
smart appliances and even send commands directly from within a recipe.
• Easily connect and control Bosch and Thermador appliances in your Kitchen.
• Voice integration with Alexa, Google Home, and Siri.
Did you know?
- Chefling now offers Lifestyle, Health, and Allergen-Free diets to choose from. Lifestyle diets
include keto, vegetarian, vegan, paleo, kosher, and pescetarian. Health diets include high-fiber,
low-carb, low-sodium, kidney-friendly, low potassium, no oil added, and sugar-conscious.
Allergen-free diets like alcohol-free, dairy-free, egg-free, fish-free, gluten-free, peanut-free,
shellfish-free, soy-free, sugar-free, tree nut-free, wheat-free, celery-free, crustacean-free,
lupine-free, mustard-free, pork-free, red meat-free and sesame-free.
- If you love cooking apps like Yummly Recipes, Drop, Innit, Cooklist, NYT Cooking, Epicurious,
SideChef, Cookpad, Tasty, SuperCook, Mealime, Meal Hero, Paprika Recipe Manager, Cook'n,
Kitchen Stories, BigOven, BBC Good Food, AllRecipes Dinner Spinner, Food Network, Jamie’s
Recipes or Forks over Knives you will love the all-inclusive capabilities of Chefling.
Chefling: Smart Kitchen Assistant | Totally Free
Say hello to the all-new “Ready to Cook” toggle!
- With a single tap, you can now browse ready to cook recipes throughout all the categories - whether its cuisines, meal-type, or based on your key ingredients.
Note: the toggle off will show you the entire recipe library.
- The recipe ingredients & steps are now split into different, specific elements required for you to cook the perfect dish!
Email email@example.com with questions or feedback.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I am in search of the best app that i can utilize for cooking and came across this. This app is very convenient and very thoughtfully developed. It has all the features somebody would look for in terms of cooking. Pantry list, shopping list, recipe keeper and meal planning, an all in one app. Another biggest feature would be lookin for recipes online. I can see its potential to a great deal.
These are few suggestions for app improvement:
1. We can add new categories in the pantry but there is no provision to edit the categories added. An edit feature will be very helpful.
2. Linking the products in the pantry to recipes will be a great addition. For example, clicking on eggplant in the pantry list shows the recipes corresponding to eggplant. Basically link the recipe search feature here.
3. When adding a new recipe, it would be very beneficial if ingredients can be linked to pantry list. That way when an ingredient is added, it can suggest from the pantry and also when you can click on the ingredient, you can retrieve the recipe.
4. Under Recipes section , there is a provision to search by ingredient name or dish name. But this returns the results from the discover section but doesn't return the recipes added by the user.
App has great potential!!
I’m glad you fixed the deleting of expired items! Just because something is expired according to the app doesn’t mean it’s actually expired. The user may not have changed the expire by date, some of them are unbelievably short according to the app, and realistically several expired items can be extended. Maybe some sort of blank expiration date field is the better choice and let each user input that. Or a reminder to check expiration dates when adding to the pantry or something.
Next up app scanning barcode and the data that is imported for the title. Example was today I scanned a Garlic pepper mustard and it recognized the name and brand and size in the secondary description box but in the primary box it listed whipped cream and placed it under dairy. I’m not sure if these lists are user entered and stored on a group database or the developer or someone on the backend is inputting this data, but many many many have the right secondary but primary comes up wrong and it places it then in a wrong category.
Lastly I love the feature of the recipes tied with items in your house and I hope this continues to grow! 👍👍
Glad I found this app, can’t wait to see where it goes! Keep up the great work.
Developer Response ,
Thank you Wipammyk, we are trying to solve the issue existing barcode scanner as you mentioned and hopefully will have a solution very soon. Again, thank you for your kind words and support! Any time, feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues or questions you have and we'll be happy to assist.
Keeps crashing and deleting all info
Edit: I just repeatedly opened and closed the app answering the questions each time and it finally stopped doing it. Now that I can actually use it I like the app, it’s very helpful!
So I’m scanning things from my pantry to enter into the app. It crashes. It would be a no biggie if it didn’t completely reset all over back to it asking if I’m vegan or gluten free and what my goals are for using the app. Every time i open it now it does this and it’s infuriating. I only got this pantry app because it works with Alexa.
Developer Response ,
Edit: We're sorry you had to go through that but we're glad it's working and that you're enjoying it. Thank you for giving it another try!
Hello! Don't give up on us yet! The bug of you having to answer the questions again at the beginning is being fixed as we speak and will be in the next release.
Did it crash repeatedly or just the one time? Please email us at email@example.com with the details. Thank you in advance.
- Chefling, Inc
- 409.2 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Chefling®
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.