Chefling: Smart Kitchen Assistant
Chefling has everything you need to improve your life in the Kitchen. Experience what thousands are experiencing for free on your smartphone.
Chefling App Features:
Do you want recipes based on ingredients?
• App for recipes by ingredients. We’ll recommend recipes that are “Ready to Cook” so that you can use all of the food you buy and make fewer trips to the store.
• Recipes for ingredients you have.
• Recipes by ingredients based on 30+ special diets, Cuisine, Meal Type, Instant Pot Recipes.
• Browse over 185,000 recipes with ease!
How can Chefling help me stick to my diet?
• Chefling now offers 30+ diet options to choose from, whether it's a lifestyle. health or an allergen-free, we have got you covered!
• Lifestyle diets like Keto, Paleo, and Kosher.
• Health Diets like Low-Carb, Low-Sodium, and sugar-conscious.
• Allergen-free Diets like Gluten-free, Peanut-free, and Dairy-free.
• For a full list of diet preferences, see below in the “Did you know?” section.
Does Chefling offer tools for meal planning?
• Easy Meal Planning Means Less Stress. Whether you like to meal planning weekly in advance, two days at a time, or just for the evening ahead, Chefling takes the stress out of figuring out what’s for lunch, dinner, or an evening snack!
• Spice up your meal plan app without buying the store.
• Build good habits with reminders for meal planning weekly.
• Stay extra organized with scheduled meal planning weekly.
How can I be more efficient at grocery shopping?
• Chefling helps you shop the way you like to shop, but smarter. Find recipes based on what ingredients you already have, then automatically turn the missing ingredients for any recipe or meal plan into a grocery list. Collaborate between family members, meaning anyone can add recipe ingredients to your list with a press of a button.
• Shop Less, Save More, and Waste Less Food.
• Easily create a shared shopping list with family.
• Choose from more than 1,400 ingredients listed on the app.
• Shop by choosing recipes and only the ingredients you need are added.
Organizing your pantry just got simpler!
• Chefling makes finding new recipes and making perfect use of the unused ingredients super easy, as well as recommending recipes that will use up what’s left in your pantry before they go to waste.
• Add items to your pantry using Chefling’s barcode scanner.
• Always know what quantities you have on hand and what was used before.
• Set expiration dates for groceries and keep track of how old each item is.
Transforming into a SMART kitchen made easy with Chefling!
• Connect your Chefling app with smart appliances from Bosch and HomeConnect. Control your smart appliances and even send commands directly from within a recipe.
• Easily connect and control Bosch and Thermador appliances in your Kitchen.
• Voice integration with Alexa, Google Home, and Siri.
Did you know?
• Chefling now offers Lifestyle, Health, and Allergen-Free diets to choose from. Lifestyle diets include keto, vegetarian, vegan, paleo, kosher, and pescetarian. Health diets include high-fiber, low-carb, low-sodium, kidney-friendly, low potassium, no oil added, and sugar-conscious. Allergen-free diets like alcohol-free, dairy-free, egg-free, fish-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, shellfish-free, soy-free, sugar-free, tree nut-free, wheat-free, celery-free, crustacean-free, lupine-free, mustard-free, pork-free, red meat-free and sesame-free.
• If you love cooking apps like Yummly Recipes, Drop, Innit, Cooklist, NYT Cooking, Epicurious, SideChef, Cookpad, Tasty, SuperCook, Mealime, Meal Hero, Paprika Recipe Manager, Cook'n, Kitchen Stories, BigOven, BBC Good Food, AllRecipes Dinner Spinner, Food Network, Jamie’s Recipes or Forks over Knives you will love the all-inclusive capabilities of Chefling.
Chefling: Your Smart Kitchen Assistant App
This update includes:
- Minor bug fixes and improved stability
Email email@example.com for any questions.
Ratings and Reviews
I am in search of the best app that i can utilize for cooking and came across this. This app is very convenient and very thoughtfully developed. It has all the features somebody would look for in terms of cooking. Pantry list, shopping list, recipe keeper and meal planning, an all in one app. Another biggest feature would be lookin for recipes online. I can see its potential to a great deal.
These are few suggestions for app improvement:
1. We can add new categories in the pantry but there is no provision to edit the categories added. An edit feature will be very helpful.
2. Linking the products in the pantry to recipes will be a great addition. For example, clicking on eggplant in the pantry list shows the recipes corresponding to eggplant. Basically link the recipe search feature here.
3. When adding a new recipe, it would be very beneficial if ingredients can be linked to pantry list. That way when an ingredient is added, it can suggest from the pantry and also when you can click on the ingredient, you can retrieve the recipe.
4. Under Recipes section , there is a provision to search by ingredient name or dish name. But this returns the results from the discover section but doesn't return the recipes added by the user.
If you’re looking to save money this app is for you. It has all the qualities of a recipe app but it also has a way to save what you already have in your pantry so no food is wasted. I absolutely live that I can out in chicken breasts with the expiration date and Chefling will remind me to use it before it expires. And because I’ve logged all my pantry items as well as things purchased I can rest assured knowing I can use it and not be forgotten. Nothing is going it’s than forgetting you have an expensive ingredient and it expired. You can save recipes of your own or search for some new ones.
Let’s talk about planning. I set a day of the week I plan out my menu and it will remind me with a notification that today is meal planning day. Then while I search recipes it’ll populate a shopping list that I can then save and order groceries from. Then once they’ve been ordered it’ll automatically add it to my pantry with usual expiration dates. Of course you can modify those. You can also set a day that you’re planning in making the item. And if you have an echo show, it’ll show the recipes and steps.
In short, I’ve found that several weeks I didn’t have to do full in weekly shopping because I had enough already in my pantry and freezer. I’ve saved hundreds of dollars in grocery bills. Plus, this app is free.
App has great potential!!
I’m glad you fixed the deleting of expired items! Just because something is expired according to the app doesn’t mean it’s actually expired. The user may not have changed the expire by date, some of them are unbelievably short according to the app, and realistically several expired items can be extended. Maybe some sort of blank expiration date field is the better choice and let each user input that. Or a reminder to check expiration dates when adding to the pantry or something.
Next up app scanning barcode and the data that is imported for the title. Example was today I scanned a Garlic pepper mustard and it recognized the name and brand and size in the secondary description box but in the primary box it listed whipped cream and placed it under dairy. I’m not sure if these lists are user entered and stored on a group database or the developer or someone on the backend is inputting this data, but many many many have the right secondary but primary comes up wrong and it places it then in a wrong category.
Lastly I love the feature of the recipes tied with items in your house and I hope this continues to grow! 👍👍
Glad I found this app, can’t wait to see where it goes! Keep up the great work.
Developer Response ,
Thank you Wipammyk, we are trying to solve the issue existing barcode scanner as you mentioned and hopefully will have a solution very soon. Again, thank you for your kind words and support! Any time, feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues or questions you have and we'll be happy to assist.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chefling, Inc
- 1 GB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Chefling®
- In-App Purchases
- Chefling Plus $4.99
- Chefling Plus $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.