• 1st IMGA SEA winner - Best Meaningful Play
• 13th IMGA Global - Nominee
• APICTA Malaysia Winner - Best E-Learning Category
• APICTA ASIA winner for Best E-Learning Category
• 5-Star Rating by Educational App Store
• Certification by Kokoa Education Standard - Finland
• As featured on Google I/O 2015, Cambridge University Students Union (CUSU) 2014, 2015 and 2016, TEDxKL, Bloomberg TV, Astro Awani, The Star Online.
Teachers report that their students remember 90% of the Chemistry concepts even after 6 months of playing ChemCaper!
ChemCaper is a chemistry adventure game that will get your kids to love science! Get them excited to learn basic Chemistry concepts on the gadget they know and love. Explore unique environments, craft potions, and battle with collectible creatures, all based on Chemistry concepts and the Periodic Table!
Suitable for ages 8 and up. Recommended for ages 10-14.
• "A full-blown, highly-developed mega game that mixes in Chemistry to form a solution that is like none other! 5 out of 5!" – EDUCATIONAL APP STORE
• “It’s great to see kids getting into RPGs in an educational way - they stimulate problem-solving, foster creative thinking, and encourage curiosity.” – Dr. Shen-Li Lee, Author of "Brainchild - Secrets to Unlocking Your Child's Potential" and Figur8
• “ChemCaper is a full-fledged, fantasy RPG designed to get children excited to learn Chemistry that even grown-ups will love.” – Camila Amanda, GEEKS WITH JUNIORS
> LEARNING FEATURES:
MEET THE TYPES OF ELEMENTS
ChemCaper consists of diverse characters and landscapes based on the types of chemical elements in the Periodic Table. Learn the Periodic Table through encounters in the vast world of ChemCaper!
BOND WITH CHEMICAL BONDING
Get to know chemical bonding by creating Petticles - cute collectible companions based on real life particles that fight Roub's battles.
MASTER THE PROPERTIES OF ELEMENTS
Gain knowledge of chemical elements and their properties with your Petticles. Become a master by battling with various enemies throughout the game!
EXPERIMENT WITH SEPARATION TECHNIQUES & APPARATUS
Learn separation techniques and lab apparatus through potion crafting. Heal up! Get stronger! Move faster! Roub's going to need them to survive the wilderness of ChemCaper.
LINK THE GAME TO REALITY
Discover the world of ChemCaper and how it links to the real world through the Chempendium - an interactive guide that bridges in-game content to reality!
BONUS: ENJOY THE GREAT SOUNDTRACK
Experience immersive learning with music by Norihiko Hibino, award-winning composer of the Metal Gear Solid and Bayonetta series!
> STORY OVERVIEW:
What if your world came crashing down, and You. Weren’t. There.
Roub Idyum, a Moon Being, is charged with locating his people’s lost deity. He journeys to lush Camp Ungku upon rumours that a glowing, mysterious being was there. After crash-landing on the banks of sunny Camp Ungku, the uncertainty of his parents’ fate weighs upon Roub as news of attacks on his homeland, Reac Ta, crash upon his conscience.
Young, pampered Roub now bears the weight of his world on his shoulders to uncover the turmoil that riddles his home, whether he knows it or not.
Collect element orbs, brew potions, and bond Petticles (particles)! Journey with our hero as he fights to return home and save his parents. The question is... will he get there in time?
If something's not working, or you think there's a bug, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll dissolve it!
iPad: iPad 3 & up
iPhone: iPhone 5 & up
iPad Mini: iPad Mini 2 & up
• EdVenture Pass Log In are now available!
• Fixed glitches in Camp Ungku Beach.
Ratings and Reviews
Crashy, but a good story.
I was playing the game for a while- and it’s a good game- then I was trying to get somewhere and BAM! It crashes. I tried this 5 more times and still is crashed- IN THE SAME SPOT! I even restarted my iPad. Wish there was an update!
Good but buggy
A good first effort by this studio, but could have used a bit more distillation.
Has a bit of a weird difficulty curve. Leveling up is very important. The first boss went from impossible to easy when I crossed from level 5 to 6.
Some indication an enemy outlevels you would be nice. At least in the tutorial.
Popup text doesn’t dissapear when you close a crafting or inventory window.
Sometimes enemies fall through the ground, making that combat impossible. Happens when battle formation positions an enemy over a pit.
Potion crafting is a little too finicky sometimes. A little too hard to get “perfect” results making health potions. You have to be exact. Centrifuge especially could be a bit easier.
I had to download this because my child was told it is compulsory for class. However it is still buggy in terms of navigation through the map. Should let it be play tested by the students before asking the public to buy it.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thank you for your incredible patience. We apologize for not getting back to you sooner.
Does the issue still exist? We would like you to know that ChemCaper was play tested by a professional testing company. However, the existence of bugs may vary depending on the device type.
Meanwhile, do update the app with our latest update on the App Store? If the issue still exists, go ahead and drop us an email at email@example.com. We will be more than happy to help you.
Any and all feedback is welcome as it would help us make ChemCaper a great experience for your child. Thank you for your support and patience!
- ACE ED-VENTURE STUDIO SDN. BHD.
- 1.2 GB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017 ACE Ed-Venture Studio Sdn Bhd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.