The Dictionary of Chemical Terms, compiled by The CJK Dictionary Institute (CJKI) in Japan, is the only application on any mobile platform that provides comprehensive coverage of chemical terminology.
Do you know how to say "granulopoiesis" in Japanese? With this application you can immediately find the equivalent of 顆粒球生成.
At home, at work and on the go, translators, students and professionals of chemistry will often encounter technical terms related to chemical engineering, industrial chemistry, plastics and the like for which they need to quickly look up their Japanese or English translations.
The Dictionary of Chemical Terms, compiled by The CJK Dictionary Institute (CJKI) in Japan, is the only application on any mobile platform that provides comprehensive coverage of chemical terminology. This application, which provides a user interface in both Japanese and English, includes both English-Japanese and Japanese-English dictionaries that provide access to a total of approximately 243,000 technical terms.
While several Japanese-English general vocabulary dictionaries are available for the iPhone, there are few specialized dictionaries that meet the specific needs of professionals, translators and information technology students, while those that are available are prohibitively expensive and of limited coverage. With this application, you get a database of technical terms with extensive coverage at your fingertips for a reasonable price.
Please note: This app contains translation equivalents for each term, not explanations of each term's meaning.
* Both dictionaries combined contain over 243,000 entries
* Designed for both English and Japanese users
* Covers various subdomains including chemical engineering, industrial chemistry, analytical instruments, plastics, and much more
* All this data is instantly accessible right on your device - no Internet connection required
* What was that word you just looked up? Check the history!
* Easy bookmarking puts important terms a tap away
* Clean, easy to use interfaces in both English and Japanese
The CJK Dictionary Institute is directed by Jack Halpern, editor of the New Japanese-English Character Dictionary and The Kodansha Kanji Learner's Dictionary, now standard reference works.
Be sure to check out our other dictionary apps in the CJKI Technical Dictionaries Series, including:
Dictionary of Mechanical Engineering
Dictionary of IT and Computer Terms
Dictionary of Medicine and Life Sciences
Dictionary of Business and Economics
Dictionary of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- The CJK Dictionary Institute, Inc.
- 78 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © The CJK Dictionary Institute, Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.