Play correspondence chess with real people! Challenge your friends to friendly games or play ranked matches against random opponents of similar skill levels. Play as many simultaneous games as your want!
Automatic push notifications will let you know when you have moves waiting!
Improve your ranking by playing ranked games against comparable opponents. Skill ranking updates using the classic Elo rating system to adjust your rank when you win or lose. A leader board view shows you how you compare to the top players.
Chess By Post is perfect for players of all skill levels because your matched opponent's skill level will be adapted based on your own skill level.
Create a local hand-off game and play your friend by passing the phone back and forth.
Play against a computer opponent that adjusts difficulty to match your skill level.
Improve your skills by playing rated chess puzzles.
-Tracks your skill level over time
-Matches you with similar skilled opponents
-Practice chess puzzles to improve your game
-End game analysis shows you the critical mistakes made by each player
-Head to head stats
-Move History Statistics - Explore the moves of every game you ever played with an interactive board explorer
-Freely move pieces to plan strategies
-Take notes on games to remember strategies
-In-game chat message board
-In-game move histories for easy review
-Ratings leader board
-Local hand-off games can be played offline
-Play games against a computer opponent with varied skill levels
-Alphanumeric grid display
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Chess by post Review
I haven’t played this game in a while and I’m still losing, but I know the pieces. Although, I don’t know what I’m doing but I’m getting it a little bit. Chess by post is fun and a little boring but when you play for a while, it might see quite fun. in my opinion, I say that this game is fun and good for people to do when they may or may not be really ready to do the real thing. I give a four star rate for this game but right now I’m always losing and I mean every! But I just need to know and play the game more but I think it is a pretty good game. 👩🏽
Plan Moves and Game Analysis are awesome
I had a chess kick a year or two ago with a popular chess app. And this one is so much better because of two features
1. Plan Moves let’s you play out scenarios so you can see how a given move could play out. (You essentially pause the game and play for both players for a bit and then rewind when you’re ready to try a different move or actually make your move.) I feel like I’ve learned more about chess in my 6 games on this app than 20 on the other because I think through everything so much more clearly with this feature
2. Game Analysis uses an chess engine to analyze every move made in the game and show you how good it was by comparing it to the move that the computer would have made. Very helpful for getting new ideas based on how the computer would have handled something, and also just kind of fun to see a chart of who was in a better position at which points in the game based on which moves
First off, I would like to say, I love this game around the site that you have provided. Thank you very much. On another note, there are players who are abusing The system. If they feel they can’t win the game. They will just let it go for the amount of move time. Vern just before their time runs out, some of them within minutes. They will make a move and start over again with one move. My suggestion is to cut the wait time to 36 hr. The 4 or 5 days is too long. If they can’t play in this amount of time, then they should not play. Thank you.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Games By Post LLC
- 39.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Games By Post LLC