Chess - Play & Learn 4+
Chess.com - Games with friends
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Play chess online with over 120 million players from around the world!
Chess, ajedrez, xadrez, satranç, شطرنج, scacchi, schach, șah, šachy, şahmat… no matter the language, no matter the name, it's known as the best strategy game in the world
Enjoy free unlimited 3d chess games and improve your chess rating with 500,000+ tactics puzzles, interactive lessons and videos, and over 100 powerful computer opponents. Unlock your inner chess master today!
PLAY CHESS ONLINE FOR FREE:
- 2-player chess mode completely free to enjoy with your friends
- Meet new friends and chat while you play
- Join tournaments with thousands of other players online
- Play games in real-time from one minute per game to 30 minutes or longer
- Play daily correspondence online chess online for low-pressure games on your own schedule
- Try all these exciting chess variants in our app: Chess960 (Fischer-Random), Puzzle Rush, Puzzle Battle or blindfold chesse…
- Enjoy also other chess variants: bullet chess, 3-check, king of the hill, crazyhouse, doubles (bughouse), fog of war & more…
CHESS TACTICS & CHESS PUZZLES:
- Enjoy 500,000+ unique chess puzzles
- Rated mode automatically adjusts to your skill level to help you improve
- Race the clock to beat your high score in Puzzle Rush
- Practice puzzles with specific themes in learning mode (Mate in 1, mate in 2, mate in 3, perpetual check, endgames, pin, fork, skewer, sacrifice, etc.)
- Hundreds of quality chess lessons and chess videos made by masters (learn all the chess moves and practice your skills with chess problems).
- Interactive chess training tutorials with tips and recommendations
- Learn chess rules and strategies in a step-by-step lesson plan (opening, middlegame, and endgame)
PLAY CHESS ONLINE AGAINST THE COMPUTER:
- Choose the level of computer opponent you want to play
- Analyze your chess games to see where you went wrong and how you can improve
- See the toughest opponent you can beat!
- Join a community of more than 120 million online chess players
- More than 20 million chess games played each day
- Meet players of all levels from beginner to grandmaster
- Compete to get your own rating in the online chess leaderboards and join the best players.
- Watch the most popular chess superstars with millions of followers. Hikaru, GothamChess, Botez, Magnus and more!
... and MUCH MORE:
- Play chess games offline against the computer
- Articles by the best authors, coaches, and chess trainers
- Develop an unbeatable opening repertoire with the opening explorer (Queen´s Gambit, Caro-Kann Defense, Sicilian Defense, etc.)
- Offline chess with your friends
- Send messages and challenge your play chess with friends to a free chess game
- Choose from 20+ board themes, 2D & 3D chess pieces, and backgrounds
- Get in-depth performance stats about your games, puzzles and lessons
- Enjoy the most active community forums anywhere
Playing chess online has never been so easy!
Chess is the most popular game of all time! And Chess.com is the #1 place to play online with your friends and other players from all over the world or play chess offline whenever you want!
Please share your suggestions and comments with us. Our support team is happy to help you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year!
Chess.com is created by chess players and people who love chess!
Version 4.1.21 (3641)
Hey, chess-lovers! This new version fixes a few bugs & crashes that some players have experienced recently. For instance, you can now run Game Review on an incomplete game (an unfinished game vs a Bot, for instance) without any problems. Thank you - and enjoy your chess!
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using this Chess app for about three or four years. It has a lot of additional features like tactics puzzles, videos, and preset predicaments to challenge you and help you set up future moves to create the best situation for your pieces. There is also a play-by-play review of your games which critiques your moves and tells you what you could’ve done better. A couple things that need improvement though. Often the app will fail to notify me when it’s my turn after my opponent has moved, requiring me to open the app and navigate to my active games to manually check if it is my turn. The other issue is that sometimes I will try to start a new game with a friend with the “Play A Friend” option and the app opens the “active connection countdown” when I’m not trying to play a live game. I’m sure there is a way to create a new game with a friend without creating an active challenge, but I am not sure how. If this feature exists, it just needs to be integrated in an easy to find menu. (This review is based on my use from a Samsung Galaxy S5).
EDIT: I have an iPhone X now and I am able to successfully use the “Play A Friend” option to create a daily game without the app opening the “Active Connection Countdown” so the issue I stated previously may already be resolved.
App does not show the entire screen on iPhone.
I’ve set the display to normal and not zoomed. I still can’t set the last file or the check box to insert a move. It is useless on an iPhone and almost certainly an issue with the app not the iPhone iOS. Also some of the puzzles have more than one solution and you get knock down many points for choosing the best solution. There needs to be a way to submit correction and get those points back.
I got a response from the de eloped stating it was the zoom setting on my iOS. That was the first thing I checked and it had no effect on the functioning of the app. I poured over al the online comments and tried everything I could find on the topic, including reviewing many other settings. The iPhone app does not work and I do not think it related to IOS. My hunch is it’s a problem with the app. Which is unfortunate because I can’t bring my iPad or desktop or laptop with me everywhere. I can typically bring my phone.
Fortunately the puzzles are sized right. Even those have a problem on the small screen as I hit the wrong button and it skips to the next puzzle and does not allow you to return to the one you were working on.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we're sorry to hear the problem is persisting! If your iPhone display is not in zoom mode and the app display is still disrupted, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. We'd also be happy to help with any puzzle issues, since all puzzles should have only one solution.
Lots of features but not able to give feedback
Hi there, been playing on the app for about a month and started to really like it so looked at the memberships and there’s 3 levels ... $30, $50, and $80 (I believe) for a year, provided you pay upfront and not month by month. I was like ok I get it... there’s lots of features so you have to pay for more of them. Well that’s all good, I get that.
My main issue is with the puzzles that sometimes the “opponent” player doesn’t make the best move so you can’t actually solve the puzzle correctly unless you guess they will do the wrong thing. Solved a puzzle today and I would’ve gotten it right however the opponent made the worse move of their two moves and thereby I made the wrong move because I predicted the opponent would obviously make the best move. Please creators/admins fix this issue. It’s really not the way the puzzles should function. If you fix this I will gladly change my rating to 5 stars since that’s my main issues. Also I couldn’t find anywhere in the app to report this.
But secondly to advertise their “videos” to watch to learn and improve in a notification or have it ever present on the main menu is really annoying when you can’t even watch the whole video because you don’t have the most expensive membership. I don’t like that. Just an annoying paywall situation where I already paid for the app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review. We believe our training services are worth the cost since players can make great improvements in their game. You can test these features with a free 7-day trial! Basic members still can access 3 puzzles, one lesson per week and one game report per day among other features, including ChessTV! Games will always be free. :)
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chess.com, LLC
- 307.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Turkmen, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Chess.com, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Diamond Membership $16.99
- Gold Membership $4.99
- Diamond Membership $14.99
- Platinum Membership $6.99
- Gold Membership $6.99
- Gold Membership $29.99
- Diamond Membership $99.99
- Platinum Membership $10.99
- Diamond Membership $119.99
- Platinum Membership $49.99