Are you tired of playing chess games that look like they were designed for a Commodore 64 instead of an iPad? We've got the antidote for you. Chess Premium HD is the best looking chess game for the iPad.
Chess Premium HD supports both 1 player and 2 player gameplay, so you can play against friends or test your skills against a challenging computer opponent.
Chess Premium HD includes a host of exciting features, including:
* Great graphics and exciting sound effects
* Configurable player names and score tracking
* Outstanding AI engine with configurable difficulty level
* Undo function if you accidentally hit the wrong square
* Automatically saves your game when you exit the application
If you're looking for a killer chess application for your iPad, check out Chess Premium HD today!
• Fixed issue which was causing piece movement animation to be choppy on iOS 11
• Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I think this is a nice chess program, it's simple, sound effects are soft and fitting, the music is calming but could get annoying to some and that's no problem because sound can be muted.
I find two things that I think could use improvement; The AI of the computer opponent and stalemates. The comp is a 10x10^ grandmaster at just 50% difficulty, it's as if it literally sees every move and then thinks 100 turns ahead for every possible out come.. Ok, that's an exaggeration, sort of. Turning the AI down to far can cause it to make moves that even a first grader probably wouldn't make. So it can be tough to find the difficulty that's "just right".
The AI I is forgivable because you can play a human, but what I find infinitely frustrating is the conditions in which the game declares a stalemate... Honestly I don't think it should ever be calling a stalemate for the player. Let a human decide when it's time to call a stalemate through the menu button, otherwise it can be very frustrating to be stopped in the middle of a match that may be quite enjoyable and most certainly is not a stalemate. There were certainly legal moves to be made in many of the matches that this premature call was made in, which is very disappointing when it happens.
Good but could be better...
Good chess game but I have a few suggestions to make it great!
1) Change the difficulty slider to, say six discrete levels of difficulty. If you set the slider too high, you can't easily go back to exactly the level you were at previously.
2) The win-loss counter randomly resets itself. Let me decide when I want to reset the counter, not the game. It would also be a good idea to show the win-loss at each difficulty level (see suggestion 1)
It is pretty good. The response time is very fast and it appears to have well debugged software. However, I did came across some
bugs, where it randomly quits (I have seen this happen several times, specially when it is in a lost position and in most cases I have reported the problem). Also many times it would not allow you make a very legitimate move. At that point in time you have to start a new game.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.