A polished, full featured way to play chess against friends or random opponents online. Play fast chess with a clock, or play many correspondence games at a time making moves whenever you have a chance every day or so.
"Fantastic app. Easily the best head-to-head app out there!" -Leo Laporte
"Social Chess Is The Best Way To Get Your iCheckmate On" -CultOfMac.com
* No Advertisements!
* Beautiful, clean, intuitive layout.
* Features are chosen and implemented carefully.
* Your privacy is respected. We will not spam or share any user info.
* Game features are driven by your feedback.
* Statistics - ELO Rating, Wins, Losses, Draws.
* Elo Charts & Per Opponent statistics.
* Advanced features such as Conditional Moves and Premoves.
* Receive push notifications when a game is updated.
* Play even when there is no internet connection. Moves are sent later.
* Play up to 5 games at a time, or increase it to 100 with In-App purchase.
* Search for opponents by username, email, or we'll match you with a random opponent.
* Claim Victory if opponent does not make a move in the time allowed.
* Optional Takeback move.
* Analysis Board to work out your strategy.
* User Profile including picture, comments, etc.
* Map view of your opponent's location.
* Chat and Group Chat
* Browse your opponent's games, and their opponent's games.
* Elo Rankings
* bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best MP Chess app available!
Bar none. No annoying ads, you're simply restricted on some options if you don't pay the $7.99 annual subscription (for stats tracking, customizable boards, 100 games at once instead of 5, etc), a great value but not at all necessary for the more casual player.
You can play locally, and for MP can choose between slow or fast games. While I haven't seen a huge amount to choose from I've never been left in want of one, and they try to match you up against those with similar stats. You can play a move once a day, three, or five days (or however soon the other player responds), or play a fast game with an adjustable time limit among other settings. You can chat (text) and rewind or forward your moves to analyze strategy while playing. The UI and presentation are also streamlined and pleasing to deal with.
If you have any interest in chess give this app a shot....you only have everything to gain! Highly recommended.
Great Chess Game
A really good chess engine with a lot of features to it. You can tell that the creator of the app cares about chess a lot and has built the app around what most advanced players want. Things that I love are the SUBMIT button after every move. It’s annoying at first since you’re not used to it, but once you do, it’ll save your victory infinitely more times than it’ll cost you it. If it really bothers you, then you can turn it off in the Options menu, but I don’t recommend it. Also, there are no ads of any kind and no submitting personal information except run of the mill login info. He gets his support from players buying the PREMIUM version of the app, but the free has plenty of features as well.
Somethings that I don’t like are if you start a SLOW game (which takes days to play), you have to wait at least 12 hours to cancel a game. Lame. Also, you can move one move ahead of time while your opponent is thinking (the piece won’t actually move until your opponent moves), but once you do there’s no undoing it unless you premove another piece. That’s a fairly new feature though so perhaps there is a way that I’m not aware of. Premove is still an awesome feature though! Just be sure. Overall, the app has got to be one of the best you can get. I’ve been using it for years now and it’s only getting more addicting.
Maybe the best
I haven't played them all, so I can't rightly call it the best, but of the ones I have, it's definitely tops. All the clean interface & features of CWF but the rating system, board flip and autoloading of active moves put it above the rest. Some have more features but are clunky, ugly or just annoying to use (looking at you chess time.) Would like to see vs. a particularly player stats at some point, maybe a game time function. The yearly fee for 6+ games is kind of a drag, but thats really the only drawback here. But you pay a little and you get a much better app. Stop fighting with newtoy/zynga tech support and get this app.
Update: Woa, whadyou guys do, add those features while I was writing that review? Now that's some service. If I could add a sixth star I would.
- Lee Carlson
- 106.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2020 Woodchop Software LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Membership $7.99
- 1 Year Membership $7.99
- 1 Year Membership $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.