Download our "Chess King Learn" app and study all courses in the same app.
A fundamental course on chess tactics for Beginners. The course contains 150 teaching examples and 1500 new exercises useful for consolidation of acquired knowledge. The exercises are classified according to more than 30 tactical methods and motifs.
This course is in the series Chess King Learn, which is an unprecedented chess teaching method. In the series are included courses in tactics, strategy, openings, middle game, and endgame, split by levels from beginners to experienced players, and even professional players.
With the help of this course, you can improve your chess knowledge, learn new tactical tricks and combinations, and consolidate the acquired knowledge into practice.
The program acts as a coach who gives tasks to solve and helps to solve them if you get stuck. It will give you hints, explanations and show you even striking refutation of the mistakes you might make.
The program also contains a theoretical section, which explains the methods of the game in a certain stage of the game, based on actual examples. The theory is presented in an interactive way, which means you can not only read the text of the lessons, but also to make moves on the board and work out unclear moves on the board.
Advantages of the program:
• High quality examples, all double-checked for correctness
• You need to enter all key moves, required by the teacher
• Different levels of complexity of the tasks
• Various goals, which need to be reached in the problems
• The program gives hint if an error is made
• For typical mistaken moves, the refutation is shown
• You can play out any position of the tasks against the computer
• Interactive theoretical lessons
• Structured table of contents
• The program monitors the change in the rating (ELO) of the player during the learning process
• Test mode with flexible settings
• Possibility to bookmark favorite exercises
• The application is adapted to the bigger screen of a tablet
• The application does not require an internet connection
The course includes a free part, in which you can test the program. Lessons offered in the free version is fully functional. They allow you to test the application in real world conditions before releasing the following topics:
1. Chess Tactics Art (1400-1600)
1.1. Opening the lines
1.2. Clearing important squares
1.3. Clearing the lines
1.5. Decoying to Knight forks
1.8. Distracting pieces from defending the back rank
1.10. Discovered attack
1.11. Double check
1.12. Exploiting a pin
2. Chess Tactics Art (1400-1600) - practice
2.1. Opening the d- and e- files
2.2. Opening the c- and f- files
2.3. Opening the b- and g- files
2.4. Opening the a- and h- files
2.5. Opening files
2.6. Opening diagonals
2.7. Clearing ranks
2.8. Clearing diagonals
2.9. Clearing important squares
2.10. Clearing files
2.11. Decoying to pins
2.12. Decoying the king into a mating net
2.13. Decoying to attack lines
2.14. Decoying to Knight forks
2.15. Decoying to attacks by opening lines
2.16. Decoying to attacks by retreating pieces
2.17. Decoying to Queen forks
2.18. Distracting pieces from defending important lines
2.19. Distracting pieces from defending the back rank
2.20. Distracting pieces from defending other pieces
2.21. Distracting pawns
2.22. Distracting pieces from protecting important squares
2.23. Distracting pinning pieces
2.24. Intercepting a piece defending another piece
2.25. Intercepting a piece protecting from checkmate
2.26. Unblocking by decoy
2.27. Discovered attack
2.28. Using discovered attacks when attacking the King
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
• App is updated for iPhone X
• New home screen
• Animated playback of theory with sound
• Date of reading the theory
• Disabled automatic playback of refutations
• Option to reset password
• Renaming of account
• Various fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Very Well Done
I’ve played through multiple tactical and strategy apps for chess, but this is by far the best. Great app!
Amazing app among their other amazing apps
I really am impressed by this company. They seem to have chess problems for every ability. The package has more than 1000 problems and even if they seem on the easy side, some themes were new to me while others bear repeating until they're automatic. The amount of problems gives this effect as you see the same theme over and over again. Then on to the next one.
Greatest Tactics App ever
CT-Arts is the greatest set of chess tactics problem ever assembled. Now it's available on iPhone. If you want to increase your chess rating this is the single most effective tool to do that!! Very instructive. Really AMAZING!!!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- CHESSQUEEN INC
- 45.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Chess King
- In-App Purchases
- Full course $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.