▻ Do you want to learn or improve at chess?
▻ Do you want to master the most prestigious, the classiest game ever, while having fun?
It's EASY, and you can start right now!
How does it work? It's really simple: you just play! The coach shows you the moves a Grandmaster would pick. Not just one move, but the 4 best moves.
Sounds silly? Well think about it... How did you learn to talk when you were a child? Did you take grammar and spelling lessons? Of course not. You just went with the flow! Because that's the most effective way to learn!
Chess Tiger Pro allows you to do just that, AND IT WORKS!
In two minutes you start learning effortlessly. You start having fun immediately, and notice after just a few games that the right moves come to your mind naturally, as if they were obvious.
If it still sounds incredible, please read the reviews. Chess Tiger Pro has one of the highest customer satisfaction of the App Store!
Also, Chess Tiger Pro is the only chess app that analyzes your games to show you how to improve, and is also one of the MOST COMPLETE apps for players of all levels.
• The rules of chess are included and easily accessible.
• Just tap on a piece to see its legal moves.
• A move is not allowed? The app tells you why.
• Suggestions: can watch over your shoulder and suggest 4 moves.
• Can tell you when you can mate your opponent, so you can look for the winning move by yourself.
• Can warn you when your opponent is about to play a very dangerous move.
• Provides 50 trainer levels of increasing difficulty. No big jump between levels.
• Knows and applies perfectly all the official rules of chess.
• Contains a very high quality chess engine, the guarantee to learn from a good professor.
• Finds interesting positions in your own games and shows you how to improve.
• Both USCF and FIDE rating scales are supported.
• Chess Tiger Pro has one of the strongest chess engines for mobile devices.
• On current devices, as incredible as it sounds, it plays at the world champion level.
• Chess Tiger has been ranked twice as the strongest chess engine on the SSDF list (the worldwide recognized and independent computer rating list).
• You can set up any position.
• You can save your games in collections and replay them later.
• You can exchange games with your friends very easily by email (send and receive).
• You can import game collections in PGN format.
• The chess engine displays its thinking, up to 20 plies ahead.
• You can analyze a game by replaying it. Chess Tiger Pro tells you when a bad move has been played by coloring it in red. The 4 best moves in every position are colored in green.
• Chess Tiger Pro supports variations and allows you to test "What if..." scenarios without erasing your current game.
OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE:
• The coach can comment your game while you are playing (optional).
• When a game is finished, the coach can analyze it for you and show you how to improve.
• 15 gorgeous predefined visual themes that you can customize.
• 9 chess pieces sets (wood, ebony & ivory, metal, glass, …).
• 14 board styles (marble, blue marble, wood, metal, stone, …).
• A collection of more than 6000 famous games of the greatest players of all times.
• "Reload last game" allows you to retrieve the most recent game, even if you have forgotten to save it.
• 4 different playing styles, ranging from the quiet to suicidal, which you can apply to all the levels.
• Includes an opening book of more than one million moves (can be turned off).
• Many customization options (graphics, sounds, engine output…).
THIS APP IS "CLEAN": it does not display any ad.
- We have improved the variety of the games played. It should now be quite infrequent to play twice the same game opening, and this will be further improved in the next version.
- You can now choose how the moves will be separated in the analysis lines, for better readability.
- The white panel, in the "Analyze my game" mode, appears or disappears at more opportune times.
- We have fixed the "board only" mode: the coordinates (letters and digits) were not displayed correctly during this mode on iPad, and after exiting the mode on iPhone.
- We have fixed a problem that could render the "Game" menu unresponsive on iPad.
- This version includes a number of other minor improvements and fixes.
Version 2019.06.1 fixes a problem introduced by version 2019.06 (a white rectangle with no text appeared sometimes).
Ratings and Reviews
This app is for everyone.
I suggest everyone should purchase this app. Although it might sounds expensive, it is actually one of the best chess app I ever had. I will tell you why. First of all, the free version have credit system, whilst the pro one gives you the option to play unlimited. Second of all, the coach gives you suggestions of the very strong moves that a grandmaster would play. The coach will comment about the positive moves that you made, not the negative one. The coach inside the app is like real chess player talking to me. I can feel your voice. I can feel your tone. There are literally more than 6000 classical collections of chess history that most chess don't even have, anyway. I love the designs of the app and there are so many options of the app that are very useful. There are even rules of chess, if any beginner tried to join in chess with millions of people. Chess is a beauty of nature. Chess is a logic board game. Chess is creative.
However, you can't save this to iCloud. You can save this by backup.
While it isn't the strongest chess app (stockfish and smallfish easily beat this app) it is still strong enough to crush everyone I know, and I know some good chess players (nationally ranked). This app is unparalleled as a training app, which is why I love it. It's playing strength ranges from moving at random to grand master precision with of 50 levels in between, which it makes it easy to improve one small step at a time. Analyze your games after you play them to see what good moves you missed. Analyze thousands of included grandmaster games to learn from the best. You can customize just about anything you might want from a huge list of options on the settings page. Sometimes this app is wrong and the opening book isn't spectacularly large or diverse, which is why I would also recommend downloading smallfish (which uses the stockfish engine), but the chess tiger engine is still much stronger than you. You have something to learn from this
Gentleman are you...?
So you say you're a "true gentleman". You open doors for ladies. You speak only when you're spoken to. You say please and thank you. You have a firm handshake. You know how to change a flat tire. You know how to cook. You know how to make a great cocktail. You help those in need...BUT...Do you know how to play chess?
Well then ladies and gentleman, STEP RIGHT UP, this app will get you or your man in your life to get you where you ought to be. Rubbing elbows with the greatest of the greatest like, Einstein, Bobby Fischer, Benjamin Franklin, Charlie Chaplin, Mahatma Ghandi, The most interesting man in the world, and Snoop Dogg. All these great men have enjoyed a great game of chess with someone in their lifetime. Possibly with a joint in their hand, I see you BenFrank! Download this app and play it everyday! When you wake up. During lunch. Before you go to sleep. And believe me, in about a week, your name will be amongst those great men I mentioned earlier. As Seinfeld once said, "The Pin Is Mightier Than The Sword" or was that Reinfeld?
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Christophe THERON
- 43.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- © 1994-2019 by Christophe THERON
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.