Top chess app! Chess U's faculty of Grandmasters bring you over 90 animated courses. Taught by experts. Quickly master bulletproof openings. Middlegame tactics. Turn endgame losses into wins. Learn chess secrets directly from top world players. Try it now!
• 90+ courses! 6 free!
• Authors include 3 GM's, 2 IM's, 2 FM's
• Novice, Intermediate, Expert level
• Illustrates every move and variation
• iPad and HD support
• Complete opening systems
• Crucial middlegame tactics
• Endgame essentials
• Recent Top-Level GM Tournaments: Chennai, Biel, Dortmund, Moscow, London, Zug, Beijing
• Annotated masterpieces from Anand, Carlsen, Tal, Alekhine, Botvinnik, Petrosian and more.
• Learn from a Grandmaster, not a computer
• Free download this month
What opening traps to watch out for… and to deploy? How can you avoid the "bad bishop"? Veteran players hardened at the highest levels of international tournament play reveal their secrets.
- Upgrade forward- and back- mechanism
- Reinstate individual lesson reset within a course
Ratings and Reviews
I must say that this is just what I was looking for.
A solid premise with a buggy execution
I really want to love this app. The idea is excellent, and the course I struggled through (struggled in the user interface sense, not the chess sense) was very good, if a little short. But unfortunately navigating the lesson was difficult. The app doesn't always respond to swiping as intended. Also, navigating the variations resulted in the app getting "confused". (Not to mention me.)
I hope the developer continues to improve the app and correct the significant flaws in the UI. Until then, it's hard to recommend this app.
Does exactly what it says it does
Anyone who says this chess app doesn't improve the game of a beginner at chess, or at the minimum give pause for thought to the many 1700 + players out there. You or simply not being honest.
- Mark Ginsburg Chess LLC
- 54.1 MB
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Mark Ginsburg Chess LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Starting out with 1. e4 $1.99
- Rook 101 $0.99
- Starting out with 1. d4 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.