Brought to you by the makers of Words with Friends, New Chess With Friends is the most social and engaging way to play Chess on an iPhone and iPad. Connect with friends and family or easily discover new opponents from the active Chess With Friends community.
Play multiple games at the same time, track your moves and improve your stats.
Already a Chess With Friends player? All your games, friends, stats carry over into this new version.
Download New Chess with Friends and start playing today!
• CONNECT with Facebook to play family and friends
• DISCOVER new opponents with Smart Match or challenging who's Playing Now
• TRACK your record, skill rating, and head-to-head stats to improve your game play
• CUSTOMIZE your board and pieces in the theme selector
• CLIMB the global leaderboard and compare your performance to the best
• RELIVE the glory or despair by replaying moves in existing and past games
• CHAT with your friends or opponents while you play
• CUSTOMIZE your board with beautiful background themes and pieces
• PLAY multiple games at once across multiple mobile platforms
• COMPATIBLE with previous versions - Your friends and games carry over
* Play New Chess With Friends without third party ads between moves if you previously purchased the ad-free version of Chess With Friends on iOS. Be sure to login with Facebook or the email account you used to make the previous purchase to continue to play without third party ads between moves.
Already a fan? Join our active communities to discuss the game, give feedback, or find new friends to play
• Use of this application is governed by the Zynga Terms of Service. These Terms are available through the License Agreement field below, and at http://m.zynga.com/legal/terms-of-service.
• The game is free to play, however in-app purchase are available for additional content and premium currency. In-app purchases range from $0.99 to $99.99.
• This game does permit a user to connect to social networks, such as Facebook, and as such players may come into contact with other people when playing this game.
• Terms of Service for Social Networks you connect to in this game may also apply to you.
• You will be given the opportunity to participate in special offers, events, and programs from Zynga Inc. and its partners.
• Must be 13+ to play.
• Use of this application requires a Facebook or Games With Friends account.
Various minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Decent Gameplay AWFUL Reliability
It is a simple easy to use app. It doesn’t have any frills such as game analysis or options for playing under certain time controls, but I don’t think those things would have really fit within the scope of this app anyway. This app is literally a way to play casual games of chess as though you were at home with a friend use a real board and pieces.
The biggest problem with this app is its reliability; for some reason games constantly get corrupted destroying the game, it happens to me daily. You would think that an app with so few frills would at least be highly reliable, but that isn’t the case.
If the underlying issues which cause games to become corrupted can’t be fixed then a mechanism should be put in place to automatically create a new game using the last position of the corrupted game. Even after a game becomes corrupted you can still go back and look at all the moves for that game therefore the last position of the corrupted game is available and creating a new game using that position would be a simple task.
Major Hacker Scams and fake losses
I’ve read a few reviews about game crashes and I’ve had it happen a couple of times, but that’s not my biggest issue. My issue is to insane amount of people on here trying to dupe you into a crypto currency scam. And you make matter evens worse, somehow once you flat out tell them no they end up blocking you and you get docked a loss on the match somehow!!! I mean it’s only a game, but I have 8 losses and half of them are from games that haven’t even finished because they scammer hasn’t gone yet but somehow they give me a loss on the record. Y’all need to add a report button so we can report these people and get them off the game, and fix your win loss mechanism. To get these random loses when games aren’t even over seems like the easiest thing to get right. And yet somehow here we are. For anyone looking to download this game... rule #1 to follow. If someone sends you a message... do not respond. They are a scammer 99.9% of the time and you will get a loss for no reason.
Free but unstable
The app is a fun and free chance to play chess with other players. That said, I have a few criticisms.
First, if you don’t have Facebook, you’re kind of out of luck in terms of changing details, like a picture, on your gamer profile. Second, the app corrupts a lot of games. I’ve had more than a couple corrupted, which was a bummer because I was off to a great start. Third, the app, at least mine, freezes often. Fourth, the help buttons in the app are not helpful. Fifth, the chat feature is cemented to a specific game. So, if you close/clear the game from your history, you have no way of reading or replying to a message.
So, fun, free, and simple, but you do have these issues to work around. Just wish they would actually take the time to work out these kinks.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Browsing History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Zynga Mobile
- 96.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Zynga Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- No More Third Party Ads $9.99
- Newspaper Theme $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.