Play chess online, solve tactics puzzles, watch all major chess tournaments live and analyse your own moves with the official chess24.com app! With chess24 on your phone the next game is just a touch away!
- Play against chess24 users all around the globe
- Immediately analyse your moves afterwards to see how you can improve your chess
- Pick how fast you want to play – 1, 3, 5 or 15 minutes for your moves
- Premove to respond to your opponent’s move instantly (with chess24 mobile users are at no disadvantage!)
- Games are automatically stored on your device so you can replay or analyse them later
PLAY VS. COMPUTER
- Play our online chess engine opponents including “Magnus Carlen at 10” years old
- Challenge offline engine opponents — no internet connection required — or create your own custom character and time limit
- Review your games afterwards, improve and play again
INTERACTIVE VIDEO LESSONS
- Watch free videos from our vast video library
- Improve you chess with top grandmasters such as: Viswanathan Anand, Peter Svidler, Jan Gustafsson, Lawrence Trent and many more
- Fully interactive chess board allows you to make your own moves, experiment, analyse
- Follow major chess events in real-time — chess24 broadcasts live games every day from the world’s best tournaments
- Analyse live games with a chess engine and try your your own moves on the board
- Compare the first moves in live games to our database of chess games
- Replay games and tournaments after they’re over
- Access the latest chess news from chess24 and stay up-to-date
- Follow your favorite pros with tournament reports, interviews, game analysis, and fun features
- Read comments from other chess fans and leave your own
- Hone your tactical skills with our advanced Tactics Trainer that is tailored to your level
- Thousands of puzzles with a wide range of difficulty
- Climb our leaderboard and compete with your friends
- Receive feedback when you want - after each puzzle, after each wrong answer or at the end of a session
- Not sure about the solution? Analyse the puzzle right away using our powerful analysis tools
- Build up your own chess database! All analysis and games can be saved on your device
- Set up any legal position. Analyse real-world games right when they’re played
- Step through a game, add variations and explore
- Ask the computer - our powerful engine evaluates positions as deeply as you choose
- Consult a huge number of games by top chess grandmasters - see what others did in your position
- Find the answer to any chess problems you encounter
IMPORT CHESS GAMES
- Import games using the popular PGN format
- Use iTunes Filesharing to sync PGN files to your device
- Save games to your device and analyse them wherever and whenever you like
AND MUCH MORE
- Customise the appearance of the board and pieces from a choice of attractive themes
- Manage your chess24 profile right from your mobile device
- Keep track of your stats and ranking
"Chess - Play, train, analyse & watch live" is free to download and use. "chess24 Premium" gives you unlimited access to the app including our video library for $9.99 a month or $99.99 a year through an auto-renewing subscription. "chess24 Mobile Premium" gives you unlimited access to the app (excluding our video library) for $1.99 a month or $16.99 a year through an auto-renewing subscription.
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal in the Account Settings after purchase.
Fixed a bug, that could lead to the app crashing when watching the standings of the FIDE World Cup
Ratings and Reviews
No tournaments and clock too small
No regular tournaments to join (unlike lichess) and clock is small and out of the way so hard to play and watch your clock.
As a longtime chess player (1900+) and avid chess technology user, I’m going to give my feedback in hopes the developer takes it seriously.
The chess playing interface and controls are mediocre at best. Very limited time control options. No incremental time options (2/1, 3/2, etc). No ability to control rating range of players. No ability to limit play to members only so you get guests a lot. The board isn’t very nice, the piece color options are limited, etc, etc.
Maybe I missed a set of options somewhere but that would be an issue also. User friendliness is critical.
Keeps freezing since latest update
I have been playing on this app almost every day for a few years now. Since the latest update a week or two ago, the app keeps freezing during games, resulting in me losing games (and many rating points) for “losing connection.”
But there is nothing wrong with my connection. Other apps including other chess apps are working fine. Please fix this so that I can start enjoying this app again and get my rating back up!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Logical Thinking LTD
- 81.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Logical Thinking Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Mobile Premium $2.99
- Premium $14.99
- Mobile Premium $25.49
- Premium $149.99
- One month subscription $1.99
- Three month subscription $6.99
- Twelve month subscription $26.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.