Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Simply reading a Chess book without a Chess board is not easy unless you are Vishy Anand or Magnus Carlsen! What if you could read your PDF Chess ebooks or magazines as well as move pieces on a Chess board, all in one screen!? This is exactly what this app helps achieve.
All your Chess books and magazines in the palm of your hand!
Read your book and make your moves!
=== FEATURES ===
* Open e-magazines or ebooks from New in Chess, USCF, Chess Today, British Chess Magazine etc in PDF format
* Add/view Bookmarks
* Set a new board, Flip it or set some random board position
* Different choice of colors
=== IN APP PURCHASE ===
For enabling chess board's following features
* Flip Board ( Flipping/Rotating board will move all the bottom pieces to top and vice versa ).
* Position Set up ( This feature will give choice to user to set all pieces position by himself and play onwards ).
Pay for any one of these feature and get both the features enabled.
=== NOTE ===
* You need to manually move the pieces on the board, just like in real life. This app does NOT automatically make moves on the board if you tap the ebook.
* Great resource for some free pdfs:
* This app does not contain any pirated or commercial chess ebooks. You are free to load any Chess ebook in pdf format.
* This app comes with a sample copy of "Bonus chapters from the book - Learn from Garry Kasparov’s Greatest Games" by FM Eric Schiller (http://ericschiller.com/)
Fixed issue where Files app was not showing ChessBookStudy app. This way its easier to load your books by copying them into Files - ChessBookStudy app
Ratings and Reviews
Does the job, but has quirks.
Nice app that does what its intended to, but with some bugs and missing features. There are some menu actions that cause the app to crash, leaving me uncertain what those menu options are intended for. The list of books in-app doesn’t update automatically as books are removed from the files folder, so empty references are left in the selection folder. Reference material on how to use the app or a layout of features is either absent or difficult to navigate to, but the general use is very intuitive. (I only worry if I may be neglecting features)
There doesn’t seem to be any option for taking notes or saving positions. The chess board does not enable branches from a main line - so playing through alternative lines can get confusing. Still way more convenient than trying to refer to a physical board. iPhone doesn’t have the option to split screen run applications, so there is a niche for this exact app.
Much appreciation for developing this app. Bought the full version in support.
If you pay $4.99 so you can setup positions and play with this app enough to find workarounds for the problems listed by other reviewers, it is a very good app. You can manage your pdf on another app like Adobe and keep the books saved on this app under about a dozen or two since you cannot sort them alphabetically. Also, when you import a pdf from Adobe to this one, it shows as copied over twice. You can delete the bottom duplicate file without breaking the pdf on thus app, but will have problems if you delete the top duplicate. To correct the blank book problem, you can skip deleting the app, delete the book that doesn’t show in the viewing window, and copy it over again. NOTE: The use of a digital book is only recommended for books you already own.
Until Apple allows split view on cell phones so we can use a chess engine and read a pdf at the same time, this is our best cheapest alternative. I am not counting jail broken phones as cheaper because the security vulnerabilities they create far exceeds the $4.99 savings.
Save games button
Please insert or invent save games button. We want to save games in books
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Asim Pereira
- 45 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 MyChessApps