ChessDrop is an online database for storing and analyzing all your chess games—perfect for individuals as well as schools, clubs & academies.
- YOUR CHESS GAMES. IN THE CLOUD. All your games stored in one place, private and accessible anytime, anywhere, on any device.
- LEAVE YOUR LAPTOP AT HOME. Record and analyze your games directly at the tournaments, using your iPhone or iPad.
- YOUR GAMES ARE YOUR GAMES. Don’t keep your valuable data locked away in a proprietary format. With ChessDrop, your games are portable, in the standard PGN format.
- PREMIUM UPGRADE. ChessDrop allows you to store an unlimited number of games, with no additional costs. A premium upgrade subscription enables a chess engine for analysis, plus all the premium features we have planed in the future.
Organizations—clubs, schools and chess academies—also love using ChessDrop as an educational platform, as “coach” accounts can access “student” accounts for the purpose of commenting games, training, and more.
Thanks for supporting ChessDrop! This update includes:
- A shiny new user interface
- You can now add any game, not just those in which you played, to your ChessDrop account. Great for tournament preparation!
- You can now create and store variation trees in your games. Great for both preparation and post-game analysis.
- ChessDrop for Organizations can now have “coach” accounts that access “student” accounts for the purpose of game commenting. Great as an educational tool for clubs, schools and chess academies.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Promising, but not polished
Started using this app today to log my matches at a tournament. Entering the moves is straightforward and intuitive. Unfortunately this ease of use breaks down when you attempt to save the game. The basic form for entering player named, ratings, etc. is horribly buggy. I have to minimize and re-open the app between each field entry or else it’s just frozen.
If they would fix their UI issues then I would definitely give the app a 4 or even 5 star rating. Hopefully they will address this soon. If so, I will definitely being using it for a long time to come.
A good beginning
The ability to open the PGN format of games doesn’t work. If this feature worked as advertised, Chessdrop is a great app.
The chessbase app in the App Store is buggy. Looks like it's never been updated. But then I found this database. Great for,storing my tournament games. Easy to,use layout, clean lines. I like that it's cloud enabled and searchable. I do wish they would upgrade the chess piece selection. So far there is only one type of chess piece you can use and they look too basic. But overall I'm happy with the app. Please update it often.
- Makalu Interactive LLC
- 8.4 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Makalu Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- ChessDrop Premium $24.99
- Premium Earlybird $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.