Win your next chess tournament!
Train with your personal chess improvement app, online and for free.
Life is too short for screening chess puzzles aimlessly.
Slow progress is no fun. Don't stay stuck wandering how.
You were designed for more.
We don't just care about chess puzzles, we care about you.
More than 50.000 online chess players.
More than 1.5 million chess puzzles solved.
More than 70 unique chess puzzles explained.
More than 800 chess games illustrated.
How it works:
- LEARN how to play
- TRAIN your chess skills
- CHECK your progress against the computer
- PLAY your friends
- WIN your next tournament
Download the online app for free here and start to improve your chess today!
Chessimo is a free chess app that enables you to learn, practice and play this amazing board game. Whether you’re old or young, a chess pro or a beginner, whether you’re playing against the computer or with your friends – Chessimo is raising this board game to another level and teaches you unique tactics and strategy, online and for free.
- Quick improvement thanks to a uniquely designed training schedule
- Integrated synchronization across all of your devices (iOS, Web)
- A uniform app for smartphone and tablet
- Brand-new, updated design and custom chess boards and sets
- Improve your reasoning skills and learn to think ahead
- Constant spaced repetition of chess patterns give you results that stick
- Perfect your openings and endgame
- Enhance your pattern recognition skills with this proven method
- Multiple languages in one release and high quality updates at low cost
- Learn how to play chess from the very beginning
- Play chess online or offline and for free
Become a chess pro – move by move. Chessimo's unique in-app training software does not only enable chess players to improve their skills up to a level of 2400 ELO points, but also offers to find a challenge simply by playing the board game – whether against a dynamically adapting computer or human competition of your choice. Learn how to play first or jump straight into the advanced training modules of the app.
• TRAIN: With more than 800 units containing over 6000 lessons, this innovative training app helps you practice the right moves at the right time in different phases of this board game. Developed and hand-picked by Brazilian GM Gilberto Milos, Chessimo TRAIN is based on the periodic repetition of exercises which mirror real in-game situations. Lessons are searchable by topics (tactics, strategies, endgame, openings) and skill level so that you will easily find the exact right lesson for you. You want to expand your abilities or specifically practice openings or endgame strategies and tactics? Or maybe you're new to this board game and want to learn how to play first? Chessimo TRAIN paves the way for you. The app let's you start at your current level and progress at your own pace.
• CHECK: Play against the computer and quantify your skill level by finding out about your own personal ELO rating. By dynamically adapting to your capabilities, our computer makes for a perfect sparring partner. Playing against Stockfish (one of the most powerful chess engines out there) will help you transform small improvements into victory. You want to gear-up for competitive games against human opponents? Practicing with Chessimo CHECK really will make your game perfect.
• PLAY: You can use Chessimo PLAY on your tablet as a digital chess board to set up a board game among your friends within seconds – any place, any time. The Chessimo PLAY app is always readily available to you. Learn how to play first in the help section.
NEW + IMPROVED
Unit structure revised: each unit can now be completed in a similar amount of time. Keep your brain fit with one unit a day!
Alternative solutions credited. CHECK option improved: play against the engine at your level.
Castling in PLAY mode fixed. Pawns can now promote to queen, rook, bishop or knight.
Ratings and Reviews
The app designers need to improve on a few things in the app interface. For example, when using the iPod the screen is not able to rotate vertically or horizontally. The chess board in the app is positioned upside down for most iPad cases. Note that the iPad cases are setup to structurally support the screen from one direction when standing.
Also, when running the app on an iPhone the chess board doesn't cover the whole screen and is too small. Remember that the app user needs to clearly see the board and pieces. I understand the the screen also shows the time and comments but there needs to be a work-around. Look at apps like "chess pro" to see the layout.
That said, From the technical aspect the app is great and features a good mix of training material for the chess player.
Kindle incorporate my suggestions into your app and I'm sure it will score 5-stars in no time!
Developer Response ,
Dear Akapoco. Thank you for your feedback. In the meantime, a new version of the app has been released with improved design and usability. Also, some bugs have been fixed. Please have a look and let us know your thoughts. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Looks Better, but Bug Ridden
Won't transfer my progress from the original version. Won't transfer the full set of modules I bought (program crashes). Ran into a bug with the first free training set on Strategies. The 29th puzzle won't advance after making the proper move 1.. e5. Won't allow me to register from scratch. Hitting the "new here, please register" button does not expose any new signup dialog. This is all quite sad, since the app has great potential. Fix it, fix it, fix it!
Developer Response ,
Dear Underdog323c. Thank you for your feedback. In the meantime, a new version of the app has been released with improved design and usability. Also, some bugs have been fixed. Please have a look and let us know your thoughts. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Poorly conceived and no new content
This 2.0 app has exactly the same content and training system as the 1.0 app, which is very good but has limitations. However in an effort to make the 2.0 app more beautiful, the developers have made it much less usable. The board and pieces are harder to see, and often explanatory text with variations obscures part of the board. It is hard to understand an explanation if you can't see all of the pieces. I have gone back to the 1.0 version.
Developer Response ,
Dear Aranpura. Thank you for your feedback. In the meantime, a new version of the app has been released with improved design and usability. Also, some bugs have been fixed. Please have a look and let us know your thoughts. Looking forward to hearing from you.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- 8x8 Media AG
- 156.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 8x8 Media AG
- In-App Purchases
- Activate all Train exercises $14.99
- Activation of all Tactics Units $2.99
- Activation of all opening variations $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.