Chessvision.ai Chess Scanner 4+
Scan & analyze chess diagrams
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Scan chess positions from prints and 2d digital sources. Watch videos matching scanned positions.
Scan and analyze chess positions from prints and 2d sources on your smartphone or tablet.
Like to watch chess videos from your favorite players or streamers? Now you can analyze what they do and why - live on the video! Stop wondering "is f6 good in this position or not?" - just take a picture of a video and analyze the position with the engine!
Need a tip while solving chess puzzles or analyzing a diagram from a chess book? Want to find a video with the scanned position? - Chessvision.ai is here for you.
- the app opens the Lichess analysis board with all its functionality
- save scanned positions to the Diagram Library so you can easily open them later
- the app automatically searches for videos matching scanned chess positions and plays them from the time when the position appears
- Video Board Explorer lets you play moves and explore videos matching positions on the board. Load PGN of your games and use the videos to improve
- the app automatically finds games matching the scanned position
Membership available in the app:
- Unlimited Scans
- Unlimited Video Search
- Unlimited Video Board Explorer
Prices may vary based on your location.
- Added Membership screen
- Merged About and Help screens together
- Quality of Life updates
Ratings and Reviews
My buddy used this to cheat against me
I knew about the Reddit bot for a long time, but I didn’t know they had an app released for over 4 years now. And I discovered this when my buddy used it to more or less prank me. I figured he would have used chess helper instead, but this is a bigger win overall. It’s been a great tool to discover lines not otherwise written in puzzle books. Don’t cheat kids. Or you could end up pulling a Hans Niemann, getting your entire OTB tournament history scoured for evidence of cheating, and throwing your career down the tubes. Not that anyone here is likely to be a chess prodigy 😂
I’m currently going through “the encyclopedia of chess combinations” book which is a book with a few thousand puzzles. The puzzles are great, but the answers don’t give every single line (which is understandable)
This app completely resolved this problem. If I can’t figure out why my variation didn’t work, I take a picture and get the answer within seconds.
I don’t write many reviews, but this one absolutely needs one.
The one chess app I need on iOS
This app has everything I’d put in a chess app. Screenshot to PGN, directly analyze in the app, choice between on-device or in-cloud analysis, and easy export to other apps (Chess com or Lichess). Only thing I’d add is ability to play the analyzed position against an AI with artificial “ELO” ratings, with the ability to manually override a computer move. Although this is a novel capability not offered elsewhere yet!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pawel Kacprzak
- 27 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 SOFTWARE PAWEŁ KACPRZAK
- In-App Purchases
- Chessvision.ai Membership $5.99
- Chessvision.ai Membership $45.99