The Chicago magazine tablet application delivers the complete digital edition of the monthly magazine that is the authoritative voice on dining, entertainment, politics, shopping, real estate, and home design in the city and the region.
Chicago Magazine is published 12 times a year.
Chicago Magazine Subscriptions Available:
• single-issue - $3.99
• 1-month subscription - $.99, automatically renewed until canceled
• 1-year subscription - $9.99, automatically renewed until canceled
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE:
Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal, as stated above, within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Current subscriptions may not be cancelled during the active subscription period, but you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: http://www.tronc.com/central-terms-of-service/
• OPTIMIZED FOR YOUR DEVICE: Easily toggle between the traditional magazine layout and the innovative text mode for a seamless reading experience, built for your iOS device
• OFFLINE READING: Download your magazines to your device to read them whenever and wherever you want, even without an internet connection
• BOOKMARK AND SHARE: Bookmark articles to read later, or share them with your friends
• TEXT TO SPEECH: Listen to your favorite magazines and all of your articles on the go
• NEW ISSUE ALERTS: Be the first to read the latest issues of your favorite magazines with new issue reminders
New & Improved App Features:
• Optimized for your Device: Enjoy a seamless reading experience, built for your iOS device
• Offline Reading: Download issues to your device to read them whenever and wherever you want, even without an internet connection
• Bookmark & Share: Bookmark articles to read later, or share them with your friends
• Text to Speech: Listen to your favorite magazines and all of your articles on the go
• Issue Alerts: Be the first to read the latest issue with new issue reminders
You will need to sign in or restore your purchases and download your issues again. Further instructions can be found within the app once updated.
Ratings and Reviews
This app barely opens. I am a subscriber to the hard copy version and I thought this version would be of benefit when I do not have the paper version with me. I thought that since they were advertising the iPad version in the magazine, it would be fairly easy to use. It is not: difficult to log in, the app asks you to repurchase the magazines you already have, even the web based sections of the magazine are difficult if not impossible to access. I have not been able to download a single issue yet.
Given the age of some of the reviews, it does not appear that the iPad version is a priority for them. Apple should consider booting this app if they do not make improvements soon.
Worst Online Magazine App EVER!
App doesn't work. Supposedly, as a subscriber, all you have to do is download the "virtual" online version. However, when you try, it asks for your iTunes password and requests you pay $2.99 for the "free" download. When you call their tech support, they have the same problem and say they'll look into it--but never do. When you call the publisher, they also have the same problem, also say they'll look into it, and also never do. What total amateurs! The thing doesn't work. Don't bother!
What a disappointment
I've been a subscriber for, gees, decades! And now you are forcing us to only continue with the subscription with a digital version. Okay, fine. But the experience is horrible! I have a first generation iPad, and your "old version" app shows me four issues of 2012 magazines! IT'S 2014!!! Why would I care about "current events" in 2012? Let's get it right, so we can move on! Prematurely deployed!
- Chicago magazine
- 125.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Chicago Magazine
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Renewable Subscription $9.99
- April 2016 $3.99
- May 2015 $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.